Happy Birthday, Dianthus!

Happy Birthday, Dianthus!

:beer: :bday: :beer:

Happy Birthday oh small but hardy one! I may be chief, but the Hall wouldn't be the same without you!

You know that thing about waiting ages for a bus, then two come along at once? Luckily I didn't have 2 birthdays at once 'cos getting 2 years older in just 1 day would be a bit much. I did get 2 happy birthday threads though (neither of which were started by me :mischief: ), and I keep forgetting to post in this one!

Anyway, thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!

Happy 32!!

I think it's not so off topic, so..
I'm 28 in a month, and was a programmer too (now support, half time)...
Aren't you in constant pressure from work?
Or have you managed to save enough money when it boomed?

I quite gave up both in order to have less pressure and less hours, so I can have a "life" (civ-life I guess) and suffer less from my anxiety disorder (which has already "celebrated" it's 4 year.. ).

How do you deal with this pressure at work and life in general?

boogaboo said:
Happy 32!!

I think it's not so off topic, so..
I'm 28 in a month, and was a programmer too (now support, half time)...
Aren't you in constant pressure from work?
Or have you managed to save enough money when it boomed?
My company is fairly relaxed. There are only 4 of us in our office and our boss is in the US (Austin, Texas). 6 hours time difference and 6000 miles distance mean we get quite a free reign :).

boogaboo said:
I quite gave up both in order to have less pressure and less hours, so I can have a "life" (civ-life I guess) and suffer less from my anxiety disorder (which has already "celebrated" it's 4 year.. ).

How do you deal with this pressure at work and life in general?
We work flexitime, which I take advange of by not setting my alarm in the morning. I get up when I wake up and just work later if necessary. I actually have a tendency to work harder than I'm expected to, so have to make an effort not to work for too long! When the pressure DOES get to me I normally relieve it through one of my other hobbies, reading fiction, playing the piano, going for a run. Civ is one of the things I definitely DON'T do when I'm stressed, I tend to place too much pressure on myself to do well.

Our company isn't much different in the hours, but I tend to freakout after 5-7 hours, which caused some problems at a certain stage.
I didn't really mind working normally before my anxiety disorder, so I guess you're the normal one here.. :mischief:

Top Bottom