Happy Birthday, Mohandas Gandhi!

Awesome! Happy birthday, Gandhi.

I think there was a Pen & Teller Bull**** skit about Gandhi.

We're celebrating this hypocrite, why?

He was a hypocrite? Are you referring to his racist notions? While he (and everyone else) may have some negative qualities, he has positive qualities too. Maybe you know more about him than I do, but I think his positive qualities outweigh his negative ones.

I think there was a Pen & Teller Bull**** skit about Gandhi.
Yes, there was.

He was a hypocrite? Are you referring to his racist notions? While he (and everyone else) may have some negative qualities, he has positive qualities too. Maybe you know more about him than I do, but I think his positive qualities outweigh his negative ones.

Yes, there was.

Sure he did good things. But when your philosophy is centered around love and equality, yet you say the things he said. It gets rather difficult to believe that you're serious about any of what you preach.

MKG? Racist?
I'd show you what I mean exactly but I don't even like reading it. Look for yourself if you didn't know.
¡Feliz Cumpleaños!

Yeah yeah, everyone's heros have flaws. Mine do, yours do, et cetera.

Right, I'd listen to Ghandi if he were talking about non-violence. Same way I'd listen to Hendrix if he talked about guitar tips or any musical related stuffs. But I wouldn't take Ghandi's advice on love, same way I'd laugh if Hendrix tried to lecture me on drugs.

Mohandas Gandhi, while he had some negative qualities, had many good qualities. He's human and free to have mistakes; if he was Christian, probably would be considered a saint.

*Insert inane anti Gandhi comment here*

Mohandas Gandhi, while he had some negative qualities, had many good qualities. He's human and free to have mistakes; if he was Christian, probably would be considered a saint.

Ture dat.....

I don't know what exactly it is with folks trying thier hardest to find flaws in historical figures. Ghandi may have written some terribly racist things about blacks in South Africa, but that shouldn't detract from the amazing things he was able to achieve in india...

Top Bottom