Happy Birthday to Mohandas Gandhi!

Hsinchu

Prince
Google's latest doodle is in tribute to Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, most noted for his political leadership advocating nonviolent resistance.

Is nonviolent resistance always the best anwer? What about Holy Defense Martyrdom practiced in certain Middle Eastern cultures? When is violent uprising a necessity?

I'm not completely versed in Gandhi's advocacy, so expert input is appreciated.

Google's latest doodle is in tribute to Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, most noted for his political leadership advocating nonviolent resistance.

Is nonviolent resistance always the best anwer? What about Holy Defense Martyrdom practiced in certain Middle Eastern cultures? When is violent uprising a necessity?
Obviously nonviolent resistance doesn't always work. And it's obviously not always the best answer.

You may or may not want to watch this.
http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=21406

For the record, I like Gandhi.

Gandhi? I like him (pleased).

I'm a pacifist so Gandhi's cheeky pacifistic ways have always made him a hero of mine.

We should all take the time to remember the life of one of the greatest humans who has ever lived.

I'd like to see if Gandhi's nonresistance would've worked against Nazi Germany.

Even he admitted that it wouldn't. The whole point was that the British are a basically humane people.

Happy birthday, Gandhi! Sorry about that guy that shot you way back then. :(

I wonder whether Gandhi would be pleased with the current state of affair in the subcontinent. May you rest in peace, great soul.

(pretty much) only against democratic and none hyper-nationalist nations so if everyone in Britain believed as Rhodes it would have failed
Even he admitted that it wouldn't. The whole point was that the British are a basically humane people.
All hail Brigadier-General Dyer and his commendable actions at Amritsar
:lmao:

The British are just as basically decent as anybody else at most.
Dude, wrong pic, this is CFC, this is the picture you should be posting ;)
The poster I quoted has never played Civ Rev.

I'm ambivalent about Gandhi, but I suppose he's a nice symbol.

Gandhi's movement could of only worked against Anglosphere countries.

If it had happened in Nazi Germany, the USSR or China, it would have just been put down, but the British don't like to be seen as bullies.

Top Bottom