Happy Chinese New Year

It's the Mouse/Rat Year? right?
I curious. What are the traditions that exist in the celebrations of the Chinese New Year? I'm not Chinese! But love Oriental Culture.

It is true that everybody have a birthday in the same day, on one of the days of festivities?
Why the red lamps, what does it means?

But for now, have great new year and greater Olympic one... ;)

It's the Mouse/Rat Year? right?
I curious. What are the traditions that exist in the celebrations of the Chinese New Year? I'm not Chinese! But love Oriental Culture.
;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_New_Year

It is true that everybody have a birthday in the same day, on one of the days of festivities?

Yes, that's the 7th day of the Chinese New Year. It's an extra birthday for everyone. :ack:

Why the red lamps, what does it means?

Red is associated with good fortune in China. Red lamps is not particularly related to Chinese New Year though - they have more importance in other Chinese festivals.

But for now, have great new year and greater Olympic one... ;)

Gong xi fa cai! :)

Gong Xi Fa Cai!!

Be rich, my Asian (and non) friends!!
LONG LIVE CHINA!!!

Gong Xi Fa Cai, Xin Nian Kuai Le!
Does that come with the Pinyin notations? (IE has marks above the letters if there is a tone to it).

:lol: It was rather odd how people were wishing each other Happy Year of the Pig.

Happy New Years! To the health and prosperity of all!

:lol: It was rather odd how people were wishing each other Happy Year of the Pig.

Happy New Years! To the health and prosperity of all!
No fault of theirs. I bumped last year's thread after all. :D

If anyone here is gonna be in Vegas this Friday, Mr. Chins on Spring Mountain and Decatur ( That club that is literally underneath those two streets - the one that just got bought by the city on immanent domain and is closing down next month .... you remember :( ) Hit me up - They are having a party for Chinese New Year and I can get you in even if you are under 21 ;)

Gong Hei Fat Tsoy!

To all celebrating this new, glorious year!

One of my sisters, who was born on Year of the Rat, is using a super cute red packet this year...

Never mind the contents... I love the packet... :love:

Live long and prosper, SpockFederation.

Meh...chinese ripoff

Jking

Hey,

Are you guys all Asians living in Western countries such as America?

Top Bottom