happy citizens

el toro loco

Warlord
i'm on my new random game and it turned out to be a lot of small islands. i was lucky to be only seafearing civ and other civs took a long time to get around to map making. i pretty much own every island but am having a hard time doing anything w/ the cities because they get so unhappy so fast. i have a lot of cities saying it's too crowded even though they are size 2 and i have my happiness up to 40 percent. how can a population of 2 be too crowded especially w/ a high happy slider. and i'm not in any wars.

When you are playing emperor and above the "it too crowded" factor will start at the second citizen. If the city is far enough away, then 40% lux won't help as it only has one commerce left after corruption. Connect the city to the rest of your empire to share your luxuries to solve the unhappiness problem.

On emperor and above every citizen beyond the first is born unhappy (and will complain about overcrowding). Try getting some luxuries or build some temples or use military police.

well, i guess it's time to start making a lot of harbors. it will take me forever w/ only one shield to work w/. luckily for me i horded all the iron on the map so nobody is going to mess w/ me. i keep shuttling soldiers to all my islands. as soon as i get some bigger transports and more artillery, it's time to invade. thxs for the help.

very true :) this is by far the easiet emporer game i've played so far. i'd say it is easier than 3/4 of the monarch games i've played. i got too lucky w/ so many things in this game. including a lot of non-sinkings in deep water. thank you rng.

Invisible Rhino said:
Well at least it will only take you half as long as those poor non-seafaring civs :) on island maps that trait is really powerful!

Military civs get half price harbors in C3C.

Top Bottom