Happy LeakDay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to admit when i saw the title of the thread I inwardly groaned that another leak happened when I was asleep
The last few leaks have happened on your side of the world, so it's not fair to us!

I'm well aware I'm in the minority of people who actually like the Zulu as a civ. That being said, I would like to see more southern African civs along with them

Well if they come back, hopefully they get some new kind of new dynamic like the Mongols getting a benefit from Espionage and Trade Routes. Previous iterations of the Zulu are so same-y.

I'm well aware I'm in the minority of people who actually like the Zulu as a civ. That being said, I would like to see more southern African civs along with them.
In the minority here, I would guess the majority of players would rather have the Zulu, or any known quantity civ, over most new civs.

If we end up getting the Zulu I wouldn’t be bothered at all. Southern Africa is very empty on TSL at the moment, so they’d fill that space quite nicely. Not to mention they are very culturally different from any civ in the game currently, and at least it wouldn’t be a blob civ like the Celts who I am praying do not make a return.

If we end up getting the Zulu I wouldn’t be bothered at all. Southern Africa is very empty on TSL at the moment, so they’d fill that space quite nicely. Not to mention they are very culturally different from any civ in the game currently, and at least it wouldn’t be a blob civ like the Celts who I am praying do not make a return.

I've think a Celtic civ would be nice. Assuming we got actual Celts this time....

If I was in charge the sub-Saharan civs would be Ethiopia, Mali, Swahili, Kongo and Mutapa which would work on TSL too. Also, we need a Rift Valley based city state.

'Celts' in Civ 5 as a mishmash of every single cliche going was a total disaster, though it was fun enough to play as, especially since you didn't have to deal with the Boudicca leader screen in the Norfolk Alps.

Why there are no Italy city-states so far?

1. Because Genoa was planned for vanilla release. I personally, along with some other forumers off course, discovered remnant of this plan in one of the game files. Search for the thread if you want, I'm on mobile so it's not easy to link.

2. They don't really add new city states to R&F. Just replacing some city states that happened to be a civilization. Unless there's some urgency to spam the list with Firenze, Genoa and Venezia, I think this is WAD.

3. Why the Genoa was scrapped? Nobody knows. There might be more remnant including their leader etc if you're more observant than my glance.

Will Genoa return in Rise&Fall? Que sera sera.

I just revisited the R&F teaser trailer, and it depicted the following civs seen so far: Korea, Mongols, Georgia, the Dutch. No Cree, no Chandra. Also, the Statue of Liberty, a new wonder, has its own scene. That's quite a lot of spoilers in one trailer. I can't help feel like there may be one or two more hints that might help solve the identity of the other three civs.

Plague scene has already been pegged as a possible nod to a civ from Renaissance Italy, so I won't rehash it. There are also the first two scenes--the ancient era dam-builders and the Colosseum-- the latter clearly Roman, but the former unclear in location. One of the ship scenes is supposedly Dutch, but in the other she wears a different costume and sails a different ship, so one can assume they are not both the same scene (and Portugal has been ruled out). Finally, we have the Berlin Wall and UN scene, one being Germany and the other too generic to really be a civ clue.

Is this going to be like Poland's winged hussars, where we won't see anything materialize until a later DLC? Have we already mined the possible leaks from the trailer? Or, is it possible that we are missing something that we will see February 8?

I used to live in Switzerland! I'd love to see them as a Civ. Can't quite see it though. But it could be really interesting. They'd better have some kind of unique ability to make use of snow and mountain tiles!

That really would be scraping the bottom of the Eurocentricism barrel, wouldn't it? :mischief:
Though my last name is americanized, my family name has Swiss Origins.

I'm expecting the Inca, the Ottomans, and I'm expecting the last civ to be a wildcard or a civ that is returning. First look wise, I wouldn't be suprised if the Inca are revealed next. I am at least on the miniority, If out of those last 3 leaders turns out to be a female leader the Wildcard slot I have would be Zenobia's Palmyra/Aram/Syria there could be others that can fit there. I'd be surprised if the Ottomans show up with a Female leader leading the civ. It'll be fun to watch the Steam and youtube community go ballistic if the Ottomans came to Rise and Fall with a Female leader.

Last edited by a moderator:
Odds are in favor of the Inca (Geography, Legacy, Importance, lack of money/builder civ in exp pack) but I really hope they get Terrace Farm UI that can be built on a mountain title. That would be on a polder level of coolness for every builder focus player. In fact, this kind of stuff is more important to me than a just a Civ itself :)

Of course, that means their terrace farms could never be pillaged. Though maybe they could have bombers be able to target mountain squares, but of course bombers don't give you pillaging bonuses. I still find myself wishing we could do something with mountains. I miss the Civ2 days.

Of course, that means their terrace farms could never be pillaged. Though maybe they could have bombers be able to target mountain squares, but of course bombers don't give you pillaging bonuses. I still find myself wishing we could do something with mountains. I miss the Civ2 days.
Not necessarily - what if the act of placing a terrace farm on a mountain makes it navigable?

I think you guys are really over thinking it.

Terrace Farms will be a replacement for regular farms and will get +1f for each adjacent mountain.

I think you guys are really over thinking it.

Terrace Farms will be a replacement for regular farms and will get +1f for each adjacent mountain.

It wouldn't replace a regular farm and would likely have to be placed on a hill with an adjacent mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom