Happy Thanksgiving 2022

timerover51

Deity
Let us not rush things. I have much to be thankful for this year. First, another year of life as a gift from the Lord. I was told in 1978 that I might have only 8 to 10 more years to live, but I am still here, many years later. Second, a loving wife who has put up with all of my physical problems for 46 years. Third, new sight courtesy of a successful cataract surgery in May of 2022, where my left eye has gone from worse than 20/400 to 20/25, with the surgery on my right eye scheduled fo December 1. Four, for the first time that I can remember, I can actually hear fully with my right ear, which was pretty much deaf from a childhood incident when I was 5. I once was deaf, but now I hear. I am thankful to all of the US taxpayers who made this possible through the services of the Veterans Administration.:thanx::thanx::thanx::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Chalito

Chieftain
Let us not rush things. I have much to be thankful for this year. First, another year of life as a gift from the Lord. I was told in 1978 that I might have only 8 to 10 more years to live, but I am still here, many years later. Second, a loving wife who has put up with all of my physical problems for 46 years. Third, new sight courtesy of a successful cataract surgery in May of 2022, where my left eye has gone from worse than 20/400 to 20/25, with the surgery on my right eye scheduled fo December 1. Four, for the first time that I can remember, I can actually hear fully with my right ear, which was pretty much deaf from a childhood incident when I was 5. I once was deaf, but now I hear. I am thankful to all of the US taxpayers who made this possible through the services of the Veterans Administration.:thanx::thanx::thanx::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Amazing life story!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Vuldacon

Dedicated to Excellence
Supporter
timerover51... You are absolutely Correct... it is almost as if Thanksgiving is merely a day off from work type Holiday and Christmas is Commercially advertised long before Thanksgiving :sad:
BTW... Glad your Cataract Surgery went better than mine... Permanent Negative and Positive Dysphotopsia... Still I have Much I am Thankful for :yup:

timerover51

Deity
timerover51... You are absolutely Correct... it is almost as if Thanksgiving is merely a day off from work type Holiday and Christmas is Commercially advertised long before Thanksgiving :sad:
BTW... Glad your Cataract Surgery went better than mine... Permanent Negative and Positive Dysphotopsia... Still I have Much I am Thankful for :yup:
I fear that nothing can ever be guaranteed when you go into surgery.

Theov

Deity
Except for the Lord, you got some doctors to thank as well. ;)

Ares de Borg

Norman Knight
Wow, that's a great story, timerover. I was born in '78. Best wishes to you, and to all of you as well.

Top Bottom