Happy world music people singing!

Merzbow

Disrecognized Space
Can't... get... that... darn... title... music... out... of... my... head...

It's all peaceful and stuff, then I feel guilty dropping into a game and killing millions of (virtual) people. Perhaps I should replace it with some Dimmu Borgir:

Merzbow said:
Can't... get... that... darn... title... music... out... of... my... head...

It's all peaceful and stuff, then I feel guilty dropping into a game and killing millions of (virtual) people. Perhaps I should replace it with some Dimmu Borgir:

It's all very "Lion King" as I described it. And it won't get out of my head either.

So I cranked up the "Rent" soundtrack (original broadway) in my car. I'm not sure if that makes me more of a geek or not, though...

jdotmi said:
It's all very "Lion King" as I described it. And it won't get out of my head either.

So I cranked up the "Rent" soundtrack (original broadway) in my car. I'm not sure if that makes me more of a geek or not, though...

Yes, yes it does.

C'mon, sing it with me!

CHORUS
Baba yetu, Yesu uliye
Mbinguni yetu, Yesu, amina!
Baba yetu, Yesu, uliye
Jina lako litukuzwe.
(x2)

Utupe leo chakula chetu
Tunachohitaji utusamehe
Makosa yetu, hey!
Kama nasi tunavyowasamehe
Waliotukosea usitutie
Katika majaribu, lakini
Utuokoe, na yule, milelea milele!

CHORUS

Ufalme wako ufike utakalo
Lifanyike duniani kama mbinguni. (Amina)

CHORUS

Utupe leo chakula chetu
Tunachohitaji utusamehe
Makosa yetu, hey!
Kama nasi tunavyowasamehe
Waliotukosea usitutie
Katika majaribu, lakini
Utuokoe, na yule, simama mwehu

Baba yetu, Yesu, uliye
Jina lako litukuzwe.
(x2)

I think the title music is too christian,and might be offensive to some.It sounds somewhat barbaric, like a bunch of monkeys making noises in the jungle.

Moderator Action: You have the option to turn down the volume. But you do not have the option to come on the forums and make insensible comments. Warned.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I love the title music... I had it stuck in my head for weeks when the game first came out.

And as for all the talk of it being "too christian".
No one heard that song and thought, "Oh, this is too Christian for me"
They found the translation of the lyrics somewhere (probably this forum) and then thought it was "too christian"
All I can say to that is: so what? Get over it... the english translation of the lyrics has nothing to do with how the song sounds...

Acceptable_Loss said:
I love the title music... I had it stuck in my head for weeks when the game first came out.

And as for all the talk of it being "too christian".
No one heard that song and thought, "Oh, this is too Christian for me"
They found the translation of the lyrics somewhere (probably this forum) and then thought it was "too christian"
All I can say to that is: so what? Get over it... the english translation of the lyrics has nothing to do with how the song sounds...

Yeah, but it IS disconcerting to find out that the lyrics are the Lord's Prayer...just like when I was a kid and I found out that the Chronicles of Narnia were a bunch of Christian allegories....oh well, back OT, I LOVE BABA YETU!

just like when I was a kid and I found out that the Chronicles of Narnia were a bunch of Christian allegories...
Yes, it dissapointed me too. And what's worst - they even portrait islam in very insulting way :sad: I'm surprised that strict muslim countries haven't banned these books yet...
But anyway, the religion crap starts to reveal in last books, u can read the first books from chronicles and even didn't notice any religion stuff.

Wow -- in the old days everything that had Christian influence was actually considered good. When did Christ become the Devil? When did Christianity become ugly and disfigured? If it's the people who believe in Christianity and cross it that upset you -- don't take it out on this one good song, and keep it off-topic so I don't have to sort through it.

... and man that is a freaky looking picture. I don't even think goths are that gothic, you know?

I only read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe when I was younger but found them very interesting. Maybe I should go back and read them as an adult and find out what they are really about.

As far as the title song goes, what is the translation. The words (in whatever language they are) sound really nice. I could listen to it for quite a while.

Ranos said:
As far as the title song goes, what is the translation. The words (in whatever language they are) sound really nice. I could listen to it for quite a while.

The Lord's Prayer? It goes something like this (and'a one, and'a two...):

Our Father, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
and the power,
and the glory,
for ever and ever.
Amen

Rockin'.

Willowmound said:
The Lord's Prayer? It goes something like this (and'a one, and'a two...):

Our Father, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
and the power,
and the glory,
for ever and ever.
Amen

Rockin'.
So they took "The Lord's Prayer," translated it into an African (?) language and put it to music? Nice. Real nice. And here I thought it was some cool African tribal song.

Ranos said:
So they took "The Lord's Prayer," translated it into an African (?) language and put it to music? Nice. Real nice. And here I thought it was some cool African tribal song.

Heh, basically. The language is Swahili.

Efexeye said:
Yeah, but it IS disconcerting to find out that the lyrics are the Lord's Prayer...just like when I was a kid and I found out that the Chronicles of Narnia were a bunch of Christian allegories....oh well, back OT, I LOVE BABA YETU!

Sort of off topic but I would like to point out the Chronicles of Narnia are not Christian Allegories. The writer spoke about it and stated so, its just bull**** made up by muppets.

Just like the same muppets who said that the lord of the rings was a reflection of the second world war, and that they said it had homosexual undertones as none of the women had leading roles :rolleyes:

There are similarities in both but this is just coincidental or subconcious on behalf of the writers.

Never believe what reviewers and speculators say... I mean if you really want to hijack stories, what about starwars? Rezurection, temptation of evil and a great force which surrounds and binds us all. Christianity influenced?

Jecrell said:
Wow -- in the old days everything that had Christian influence was actually considered good. When did Christ become the Devil? When did Christianity become ugly and disfigured? If it's the people who believe in Christianity and cross it that upset you -- don't take it out on this one good song, and keep it off-topic so I don't have to sort through it.

... and man that is a freaky looking picture. I don't even think goths are that gothic, you know?

Goths? Bah, they are poseurs. Black metal is where it's at (http://www.dimmu-borgir.com/). These are some of the few appropriate for this site:

They do have a touch of poseur-goth in them unfortunately:

Dominico said:
Sort of off topic but I would like to point out the Chronicles of Narnia are not Christian Allegories. The writer spoke about it and stated so, its just bull**** made up by muppets.

C.S. Lewis is a widely-recognized Christian apologist.

If they aren't allegories, why is the marketing buzz for the movie starting with a targeted campaign in Catholic churches?

K, back on-topic- My wife loves Bab Yetu, too...and I have another question about the soundtrack- there is one French leader theme (I think Louis XIV?) that isn't on the soundtrack disc that came with the SE. Anyone know why?

Narnia is Christian allegory. My christian friends love it for that reason.

I didn't even know the starting music was the Lord's Prayer and as an Atheist since birth, I can really say that the revelation that it is makes me... not care at all, because it's still awesome opening title music that I don't mind having stuck in my head.

I'm very much liking all the new music in the game. This is the first version of Civ that I've played where I've left the in-game music unmodified.

Top Bottom