Harald Hardrada [LH]

C.Roland

FFH Art team member
File Fixed :

Harald III of Norway, Harald III Sigurdsson, Harald Hardråde generally known as "Harald Hardrada", the last Viking

King of Norway and later, King of Denmark and remembered for his invasion of England in 1066.

An other recycled LH. Based on my Charadon that I made from FFH. I haven't change a lot of thing on him except the armor, so it look pretty much like AoI's Charadon. The base model is probably the one that look the more like his vanilla counterpart of all the model I used for Bts, so we can easily tell from who he is based on, sorry.

Use the animation in the zip

Donwload

I'm always in favor of recycling. Recycling is good. :D

Recycling is just fine when the leaderhead in question looks significantly different from the original, and this one surely does. That wolf hat is great!

So, you can make your own "hats" and import them to existing models? Do you use a custom animation too?

Looks great, by they way!

So, you can make your own "hats" and import them to existing models? Do you use a custom animation too?

Looks great, by they way!

Yeah, it is not the first LH to have a custom hat.

But no, he doesn't use a new animation, the animation in the zip is a renamed Ragnar animation.

I just realized that the button dds isn't include in the zip. I do not have time to update the zip right now (I'm going to visit the family for the new Year), but I'll do in the begining of the next year (that means in 2-3 days). I have also completed an other LH today, but I don't have time to take screenshot, so it will be for 2008 too.

hey is there a vote for best LH of the year ?
this Harold is amazing .
C.Roland takes gold for the win !!

WOW, hadent seen this guy, i saw your avatar and i thought it was a pic!!!, this leadehead is spectacular :goodjob: :goodjob:

hey is there a vote for best LH of the year ?
this Harold is amazing .
C.Roland takes gold for the win !!

Well, honestly I think it maybe had some chance some days ago, but now that Bernie have posted his Trudeau I would have to admit that the medal must go to him.

In fact, the custom LH that I think is the most of quality, before his Trudeau is probably his Mahmoud Ahmadinejad LH, but I find Trudeau more usefull ! We lack of good canadien LH, and I think he deserve more his place in civ than Ahmadinejad.

WOW, hadent seen this guy, i saw your avatar and i thought it was a pic!!!, this leadehead is spectacular :goodjob: :goodjob:

Thanks sir !

Anyone have any opinion if this LH could serve for Canute, another Viking leader?

Cheers,
ripple01

I was thinking the same thing. The Canute I have for Gold is pretty mediocre, but I like the idea of maybe preserving him as Harald for a separate Norway civ. I understand it overlaps somewhat, but I have some decent Norway material that I've been sitting on for ages and this might be a good way to get that moving.

If you saw the Charles Quint module, you'll see two nations can share the same leader. I was planning on modularising this one by the way, as Harald for Viking.

Anyone have any opinion if this LH could serve for Canute, another Viking leader?

Cheers,
ripple01

If we look at the representation of Canute in painting, it probably look to much barbarian for Canute.

Horewer, Civ LH aren't the most historical founded representation and, even for Harald, this LH is maybe to barbaric for a king. But it's a game, and we want to have things that flash :D , so I think it still make a nice Viking LH.

Maybe it can be use also as a European barbarian (I use barbarian here in his first meaning(not Roman)) chief, but the background wouldn't fit and I must admit that I love this background. By the way, thank to Hexagonian for the background, it's base on a modified picture that he made.

If you saw the Charles Quint module, you'll see two nations can share the same leader. I was planning on modularising this one by the way, as Harald for Viking.

Aeven, I assume that if one civ chosen the leader, he is unavailable to the other civ...?

In other words, you won't be fighting Charles V of Spain and Charles V of HRE in the same game.

It shouldn't happen, unless you use a modpack like Revolution that allows civs to use different leaders throughout the game, and it will check for any possibility, in this case Charles V. Though I asked Jdog if he could write a code to rule that scenario out.

Cheers,
ripple01

Historically, this leaderhead serves for neither. Harald Hardråde was a Christian king who died in 1066. He would have dressed like any other medieval European king.

Not like Conan the Barbarian.

Top Bottom