1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Hardcore Diety Eternity IUPLays

Discussion in 'Multiplayer and LP's' started by IdioticUlt1mara, Aug 12, 2016.

1. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

I am doing yet another lets play of this mod, since I love it so god damned much. And this time around I am playing as Mansa Musa against Hardcore Diety AI Using the v36 Patch with no extra mods or updates to the game.

Please come join me, make fun of me, tell me off for being stupid whatever I enjoy people chatting in the comments section <3

My Youtube Channel is www.youtube.com/idioticUlt1mara and the set up video is here

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I'll have to watch this sometime. I do enjoy these, especially if the player enjoys the mod. Some feedback we get from the player is usually quite pertinent.

3. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

Thanks Thunder would love to hear your thoughts on how I play the game and what you think I could do to improve in any way ^^

4. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Watched about 15 minutes. Was interesting that you were not using the latest "Patch" 9265. And was also interesting to see how some of the Game Set Up options are perceived in contrast to what they actually do. Probably because our Pedia efforts are really lagging.

One example, using Ruthless AI and then going back and adding Aggressive. You don't need both.

I have more but you need to play to figure them out. ;)

JosEPh

5. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

well I didnt know about the new "patches" until after I was about 40ish eps into this LP so yeah :p. And I think I realised they dont stack?

6. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

On a side note if anyone wants to come co-commentate with me at any time I would highly appreciate it love chatting to people while I play C2C ^^

7. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

I got to a point where I am fighting off Korea but they have 2 stacks with over 400 men in them and the game has started to lag so much that the turns are taking at least 3ish minutes to cycle. So I have decided to postpone this playthrough till a later date.

I did get to episode 160ish anyways and they are still getting uploaded.

My next playthrough will be on a smaller map with 6 AI on diety hardcore mode again however I am getting rid of the Ruthless AI so they dont have MASSIVE stacks that lag everything up. I will also be playing on a Large map instead of Huge but still on Eternity speed

8. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Are you playing on the latest SVN version or anything earlier? By 400 men you mean 400 units right? Sheesh... that's a huge amount. I'd have a hard time thinking such mega stacks would be possible on the current assets where gold is a bit more difficult to manage.

9. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

It was basic V36 and yeah 400 unit stacks. He had split all of the bombard units into smaller units so yeah

10. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Ah... we haven't been seeing that problem of late for a few reasons. v37 should have that partially addressed but the v38 cycle plan SHOULD encompass major AI improvements that really deeply address it.

11. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

So When is V38 planned for? haha

12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Well we start in on working on it pretty much as soon as the v37 release is made. It's a cyclical design process. The first end of the process is the most fun, where we can actually get in and get our hands dirty with new design elements. After a point it becomes more about cleanup to make sure all is nicely polished for the players when we release. v37's cycle was by far our longest. Cycles used to take about a month but that was probably too fast. v37's exceeded a year and that's probably a bit too slow. I'm aiming for a somewhat faster turnaround but there's a lot of things I'd like to get into v38 so we'll see. I don't think there will need to be as much cleanup because v37 did something truly groundbreaking by splitting up the barbarian team into multiple NPC teams and that led to a lot of code complexity and odd bugs that needed sorted out. I'm hoping v38 won't be quite so disrupting but I DO plan a lot of AI work so it could be. That stuff is a nightmare to debug.

How's that for a long meandering answer?

13. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

You could always play the SVN version.

14. IdioticUlt1mara

IdioticUlt1mara Prince

@Hydromancerx do not worry I will be in due time. Depends when I next play C2C :p

Looking forward to all the new updates that are in the V37 SVN. Really enjoyed V37