1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Hardcrash, Freeze and crash to desktop on version 1.0.12.9(564030)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Technical Support' started by drouinfrank, Jun 6, 2021.

Tags:
  1. drouinfrank

drouinfrank Chieftain

Hi

I have an AMD Rx570 with an intel I5-9600K so I don't think my problem is the heardware. My game is from Epic.

After multiple freezes where the only way to get control of my Pc was to restart it, I installed the most recent window update and my AMD driver.......the game still crash and freeze after a random period of time.

Sometime the game freeze and close itself but most of the time, the music continue but nothing can be done. It is like a picture, there is no animation or interaction possible, worse, I cannot even change application since they are all in the background (alt+Tab do nothing).

I have Gathering storm, New frontier and Rise and fall DLC. All my game use Gathering storm rueleset sinc New frontier isn't an option.

Any fix or help would be appreciated, I read that it might be the 2k launcher that is messing everything up.

2. Lazy sweeper

Lazy sweeper Warlord

I also have all DLC, and I can't finish a game without it stopping at some point in that I can't resume because it will crash again and again...
    It's awful... a 150 bucks game that is unplayable... mods or not mods...

3. drouinfrank

drouinfrank Chieftain

Hello

I think it is purely random, I restarted 4 games since then with at least 20 hours behind them and none of them have stopped or crashed ever since.

There seem to be no reason to it unfortunately.