1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Has Anybody Gotten Jesuit Education?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Peacemongerer, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Peacemongerer

Peacemongerer Prince

I've gone far into Piety four or five times now trying to get it, but even when I have a religion first, somebody who whirlwinded through Piety faster founds a religion and takes Jesuit Education from me on like the same turn. It seems like it's consistently the first reformation belief to go... has anyone successfully got it?

2. niftymbm

niftymbm Chieftain

I've gotten it consistently on King.

3. Tachii

Tachii Procrastinator

I got one once on Immortal (this is after I finished Tradition as Casimir). But yeah, it's usually one of the firsts to go.

4. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

Yes, I did. You just seem to be bad luck with it. It has good usage to buy Universities. By this time you usually don't need Great Prophets badly and you can't buy other Great Persons yet. Not too good, not too bad.

5. simonthesinner

simonthesinner Chieftain

Yep. On King, but you really have to rush to it.

6. ahawk

ahawk King

I actually managed it on Emperor.

I was Poland and started close to Uluru (or one of the other faith mountains) and decided to go Piety first since I'd easily settle on Uluru, which, upon doing, I took the pantheon for +4 faith per Natural Wonder and cranked out my first two Great Prophets easily. All the while, I used Poland's UA to greatly accelerate getting my Reformation (one free SP from bee-lining into the next era).

But this was a rare case. I play on Emperor and Immortal and this was the only time I got Jesuit Education, while the three other times I've gone Piety thus far it was taken. Without both a means of getting a religion easily (faith mountain) and means of accelerating culture (Polish UA) it would have been far, far tougher to get my Reformation pick before anyone else.

Of course, one easy way to get it is to stack the deck: play a Duel game as Ethiopia and you are not only guaranteed to found a religion no matter how long it takes, but you also get a UB to help both culture and faith production.

7. Scott Jegg

Scott Jegg Warlord

I got it through another civ's religion once. That was handy :)

8. Blitz Spearman

Blitz Spearman Warlord

Got it on Immortal, thanks to bat**** crazy Atilla ram'ing Dandolo to oblivion at turn 40, leaving me the only one in the map taking Piety. Really requires luck, specially since rushing full Piety like the AI does is a kind of weak option, you will usually want to get at least some policies from Tradition or Liberty before working on Piety.

9. njmfff

njmfff Prince

I feel lucky if I ever get religion on Immortal\Diety. :lol: