Has anyone done this?

VladTepes

Clown Prince of Wallachia
1. Build the Manhattan Project
2. Build some nukes
3. Successfully pass Nuclear Nonproliferation in the WC before anyone else has a nuke
4. Be the only superpower?

I haven`t. Sounds clever.

The irony is, I can`t see something like that ever working in real life. They wouldn`t just agree to one guy owning all the nukes. It just wouldn`t happen. Someone else would still try to make nukes secretly.

I have not actually done it myself, but I was close in the last one before I quit because it just wasn't challenging me anymore, every other civ was at least six techs behind me. It would take either you being ahead by a good margin or you engineer-rushing the MP, getting some nukes and then have a WC session fairly quickly thereafter. Naturally you would have to have enough votes to beat all the nays, and I don't know how many AI would vote for it. Thinking about it I guess it really would not work, because you have to have to be able to propose it first, and in the interim 50? 60? turns everyone is going to build them.

I've done exactly this in my current game. Built a single nuke before the Act passed, without anyone else having yet built the Manhattan Project. I've placed the nuke on a Missile Cruiser, and for kicks I parade it around from capital to capital, looming menacingly offshore. (No one is Afraid of me, though. Hmm.)

Has anyone ever tried what I call the "Doomsday Strategy" where you park a few missile subs with nukes under the arctic icepack within striking distance of an adversary's cities, and if they are about to win you DoW, pop up and say "Surprise MF!" :satan:

it's a valid strategy. I did it in my last game. Its especially useful when there are autocrats in the game. Stock 2-3, then pass non-proliferation. Try and time it to limit the amount of time the AI has to build nukes. Then make sure you use your nukes wisely :p When Shaka is on a world-wide rampage, you've spent all game distracting him by paying for cheap wars with other AI, and he's sitting on your borders with 20+ planes, the last thing you want is for him to drop a couple bombs.

I haven`t. Sounds clever.

The irony is, I can`t see something like that ever working in real life. They wouldn`t just agree to one guy owning all the nukes. It just wouldn`t happen. Someone else would still try to make nukes secretly.
Not a single "Ban" world congress policy would actually work in real life.

On UN level, we pretty much have a ban on whales and ivory. Does that mean no one is trading with them anymore?

Not a single "Ban" world congress policy would actually work in real life.

On UN level, we pretty much have a ban on whales and ivory. Does that mean no one is trading with them anymore?

And Japan only keeps whaling because they're tired of being told what to do. Japanese people don't even buy whale products that much anymore, mostly due to the mercury.

God, just typing that sentence made me lose a little bit of faith in humanity.

I thought I did it once as Venice in a war against France (because Paris had Red Fort and a lot units
around it ).However when I went to war with Indoniesa later in the game I found out that they had 2
nukes poised at Venice (never struck but made peace soon after that).

Has anyone ever tried what I call the "Doomsday Strategy" where you park a few missile subs with nukes under the arctic icepack within striking distance of an adversary's cities, and if they are about to win you DoW, pop up and say "Surprise MF!" :satan:

i built nuke....got the afraid status....then two of my allies became " Guarded" , it was spain and another civ.

But dude your strategy, I think I will try and have some fun next time. :lol:

Top Bottom