1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone ever seen the AI make a national park?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by iammaxhailme, May 30, 2019.

1. Bagfran

Bagfran Chieftain

They definitely do - I've seen it more than once. And seaside and ski resorts too. They do also seem to have an unhealthy obsession with mountain tunnels, however.

Tech Osen likes this.
  2. bbbt

bbbt Warlord

They will sometimes, but they tend to built tons of improvements, and there's not going to be logic to either remove improvements to form a park, or to 'plan ahead' for a national park space.

I think they should update the national park logic so you can built one where you have improvements built and it just auto destroys the improvements in the process. I think that would make it easier for the AI and for the players.

The_Quasar, Tech Osen and Karmah like this.
  3. NukeAJS

NukeAJS Chieftain

I've seen plenty of seaside resorts but only a couple of national parks. I'd guess the reasoning for that is that I've never seen the AI remove an improvement. Because removing improvements is almost always required to place a national park, the AI (rightly) sees that there are no places to put them. Even if there is a valid place, the cost opportunity of buying a naturalist is usually too high and the AI spends its faith on its 20th apostle :p

As a side note -- give naturalists the ability to remove improvements! It's a pain in the butt to move a builder out there just to remove improvements.

4. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Warlord

Removing improvements on the tiles the AI could place a park is one thing. Removing mines or planting forests to improve appeal is another thing, wonder if they know how to do that.