Has anyone tried to get the "Queen of Icenii" to work with Carthaginian Empire?

Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik The Gray
I have been trying to get the Queen of Icenii mod to work with the Carthaginian Empire via combining the two mods using ModBuddy. According to the tutorials this should be fairly easy. However, when I "Build" the mod and get it into my game, and I enable it, the two civs aren't even there.

All I did was merge the new text files and put all of the other files under one mod and removed the lua file that came with the original Queen of Icenii mod.

Then I built it in ModBuddy and got it into my mods folder in the game and nothing! The Tutorials are not detailed enough for me to see if I'm missing something. I followed the steps shown, but it isn't working at all.

Any ideas I should try? (My file is too large to upload here and I have no external file repository.)

Something has been changed in civ5 and modders dont really seem to know how to work with it or they just arnt telling the rest of us

I have been trying to get the Queen of Icenii mod to work with the Carthaginian Empire via combining the two mods using ModBuddy.
Why? With the way Civ 5 modding works, I don't understand why you would need to.

You aren't trying to replace the XML files instead of using the <Row> command to add to them, are you?

Also, in the Actions tab of the mod's properties, have you set it to update the game database with your files? Set should usually be OnModActivated, Type should be UpdateDatabase, and then FileName should be the filename of your XML files (plus any folder paths you put them in, e.g. "XML/MyFile.xml" if you put it inside a folder called XML).

Most likely, though, is that one or both mods have not been updated since new data was added to civilizations. You can double-check the game's core files ([Steam install directory]\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\Gameplay\XML\, look in the Civilizations and Leaders folders) to make sure that each mod has all the same fields filled out as the default civs and leaders do.

This was going to be my first mod. Playing around to see how it worked. Carthage was working on its own just fine but Celts now show just txt errors. So I got started trying to fix and then tried to combine into one mod...

I've since learned that I was doing way too much work, lol!

Thanks Bones! I will compare the civilizations files now for new table data. That may be it.

On another thought: is there a difference between onmodactivated and OnModActivated? Would the program recognize the tags in both cases? Just making sure that's not part of the issue.

I've compaired Carthage with Vikings with Celts and both Carthage and the Vikings are working as intended, but the Celts (Kael) do not. But the code is identical, so I'm confused.

Haha! I got it working! Silly me, when I got rid of the lua and art defines xml files I had scrubbed the civilization and text xml files but I forgot the unit xml files! Turns out Kael had changes some information in there also that was incompatible once one removed the art defines and lua. I also went back and discovered that the tags and such in ModBuddy are case sensitive. Anyway, it's working now woot! Thank you DragonBlood (and other threads that I scowered).

Top Bottom