1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Has Civ finally Jumped the Shark

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by komodo, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Zymergist

Zymergist Chieftain

I wouldn't trust that site, they said the lego video game series jumped shark.

2. Becephalus

Becephalus King

No it is not, and you are a fool if you think so. Frankly espionage has always been a useless waste in any civ game. An extreme case of useless feature bloat. Religions were okay but I don't miss them too much and am pretty sure they are coming back in some form or another.

The game is a huge step forward, it has not jumped the shark. Just because it is not Civ 4 does not mean it jumped the shark.

MOO3, Simcity Societies, now those were jumping the shark. They went in completely different directions and did a poor job implementing them. This went in a slightly different directions dn did a good job implementing iand

3. HannibalBarca

HannibalBarca Chieftain

Perfection is lost when too much is taken away. :p

4. pcasey

pcasey Chieftain

I think its more the natural cycle with these kinds of games.

Civ I was reasonably accessible.
    Civ II was feature rich.
    Civ III was accessible again to attract new users.
    Civ IV was feature rich
    Civ V is accessible again to attract new users

As a long time civ players, I personally like the feature rich, more complex releases better than the accessible ones, but there is definitely a pattern here.

As a side note, does anybody know if there's a console version of civ coming? The new control scheme feels a little like it was designed to work well with a controller rather than a keyboard.

5. Jester Fool

Jester Fool Emperor

Well for 51 pages of people on the Firaxis CTD thread in their forums it does not. Educate yourself first before making sweeping generalizations that are not true.

6. SuperJay

SuperJay Bending Space and Time

So what you're saying is... a PC software product doesn't run flawlessly on every single machine, and a few hundred people had problems with it.

Compared to how many tens of thousands of people for whom it runs just fine? ;)

Nice try though! :goodjob:

7. Jester Fool

Jester Fool Emperor

I suppose you are saying that it sucks to be the hundreds of people who paid $50 for a game that doesn't work, and thanks to Steam - they don't get their money back either. How very enlightened of you. You really should show more empathy. I bet your attitude wouldn't be so cavilier if it was your money flushed down the toilet. I can understand bugs and balance issues, but the game not even working is a totally different ball game.

8. crismac

crismac Warlord

:agree: This is exactly the way I feel.There is no reason to expand on this :goodjob: