Has Civ III shipped yet???????????

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Terser, Oct 27, 2001.

1. Terser

Terser Anti-tank Spearman

I read when it went gold--both on the official site and a host of others(including this one).

Ordinarily, an announcement that a game has gone gold is followed later by a declaration that it has shipped to retailers and etailers. I fully expected to read such an announcement today or yesterday, as it seems to me that it had to ship on one of these two days in order to allow for the actual transportation time and to give businesses the opportunity to process their shipments before the blessed 30th of October.

I have heard nothing of the sort, however. Not here, not on Apolyton, nor via Gamespy daily update email. Has the game already shipped without fanfare? Or is there a more ominous reason for the dearth of reviews and the silence over shipping? :confused:

2. joukov

joukov Communist Nazi Slayer

when i check my order at EB games it say "processing" so i suppose that the game is shipped to the retailers and currently preparing to shipping to the civers!!!!!

3. xoque

xoque Planet X Amish Freak

Weird, mine says Open, whatever that means. :o :mad: :confused:

4. Johnny Tsunami

Johnny Tsunami Warlord

it means they've opened your copy and are playing w/ it this weekend

5. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

What!?!?! They were supposed to give it straight to me, not play it themselves...