Has Civ6 modding progressed?

ww2commander

Emperor
Having long given up playing this latest iteration, I still check in from time to see if there have been any breakthroughs with the 'most moddable civ ever'!

Looking at the types of mods, I gather DLC has become the focus for Firaxis rather than the community mods (kinda like most other game companies :().

So, whats the verdict almost a year down the track and several patches?

Is the lack of tools the main issue or is civ6 just not built for major modding projects?

Lack of documentation to use the tool is the main issue IMO, because of that the step to start modding with civ6 is higher than for civ5.

But overall I think we have the same level of modding than civ5 before DLL access, with a few difference on the +/- list.

And I'm confident that I can progress on my big project for some months without hitting too many walls, and I think that I can have something playable before DLL access.

Having long given up playing this latest iteration, I still check in from time to see if there have been any breakthroughs with the 'most moddable civ ever'!

I don't think they ever said that about Civ 6. They said it about Civ 5. The equivalent quote for Civ 5 is "designed from the ground up with deep mod support in mind".

There's a difference between the game being mod-able and it being easy to mod. I think that Civ 6 will turn out to be more mod-able than Civ 5 - certainly on the graphics side that seems to be the case - but not necessarily easier to mod. The learning curve is quite steep in various areas and we don't have any documentation so everything has to be figured out by the community. Tools-wise things feel better to me.

Top Bottom