1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Has Digital Deluxe run out?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by pholtz, Jul 30, 2017.

1. pholtz

pholtz King

I was surprised that the Nubia was added to my library for free. I had thought the Deluxe had run out. It seems we are getting more DLC's than promised although they have been kinda small. But I'm happy with my purchase and think I've gotten my money's worth. Any chance we'll get any more free DLC's?

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Back in May they announced that due to fluctuations in the currency markets, not all who bought the DDE got a good deal, so they added 2 more DLC to the DDE. Nubia was the first of those 2. The next one will be included as well.

3. KayAU

KayAU King

Yeah, I was very pleased when I saw that announcement. Even for those of us who technically saved a little bit on the DDE, the saving was so small it was not worth paying up front and blindly for. With the 2 extra DLC packs, however, it becomes decent value. More importantly, it redeemed Firaxis and 2K in my opinion, as it shows respect for their customers and willingness to handle criticism. A classy move, I think. :)

CPWimmer likes this.
  4. Kataklysm

Kataklysm Chieftain

Absolutely, great move.

5. Mummiesforpeace

Mummiesforpeace Chieftain

A classy move, indeed. Much to their credit.

Slayan likes this.
  6. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Just wanted to thank Firaxis if they are reading this. It does make DD a great deal. I haven't played any of the scenarios, so I don't get any value out of that, so the additional DLC's are much appreciated.

7. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Very appreciated, but *I* want to point out I was quite pleased even without.

If they offered another pre-pay, with no added value other than auto download, I'd take it.

As long as each dlc has a new civ or at least 2 new leaders, I'd be happy.

8. marius_kaparius

marius_kaparius Warlord Supporter

I think we in this thread are in the minority since the DLC is sitting at 37% approval rating on the store. I'd also like to state publicly that I feel that I got my money's worth and then some out of the DE and that I'm enjoying the DLC despite a few quirks.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    agonistes likes this.
  9. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Ayep. Nubia has replaced Cleo as my go-to GF. She is much more loyal too. Only civ not to denounce me during some recent border disagreements that left me with about a -68 warmonger penalty.

10. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

anyone know the value for Civ5 dlc? I'm thinking many low scores are people who are against the concept of DLC in the first place.

I think Nubia is a pretty cool civ, and I like how different some civs feel from each other. The desert focus is pretty cool to me. While I didn't buy the dlc, I have no regrets about DD edition.

11. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

The trouble with Steam reviews is that a lot of reviewers aren't reviewing the content, they're protesting some other aspect of the game, e.g. "the patch broke my mods", "the AI sucks", etc. Not that those aren't valid points, but it doesn't give a guide to how people genuinely feel about the DLC itself.

In any case Steam reviewers are no more the majority than we are. Most people who play the game will do so in relevant silence.

KayAU and Eagle Pursuit like this.