Has Digital Deluxe run out?

pholtz

King
I was surprised that the Nubia was added to my library for free. I had thought the Deluxe had run out. It seems we are getting more DLC's than promised although they have been kinda small. But I'm happy with my purchase and think I've gotten my money's worth. Any chance we'll get any more free DLC's?

Yeah, I was very pleased when I saw that announcement. Even for those of us who technically saved a little bit on the DDE, the saving was so small it was not worth paying up front and blindly for. With the 2 extra DLC packs, however, it becomes decent value. More importantly, it redeemed Firaxis and 2K in my opinion, as it shows respect for their customers and willingness to handle criticism. A classy move, I think. :)

Yeah, I was very pleased when I saw that announcement. Even for those of us who technically saved a little bit on the DDE, the saving was so small it was not worth paying up front and blindly for. With the 2 extra DLC packs, however, it becomes decent value. More importantly, it redeemed Firaxis and 2K in my opinion, as it shows respect for their customers and willingness to handle criticism. A classy move, I think. :)

Absolutely, great move.

Just wanted to thank Firaxis if they are reading this. It does make DD a great deal. I haven't played any of the scenarios, so I don't get any value out of that, so the additional DLC's are much appreciated.

Very appreciated, but *I* want to point out I was quite pleased even without.

If they offered another pre-pay, with no added value other than auto download, I'd take it.

As long as each dlc has a new civ or at least 2 new leaders, I'd be happy.

I think we in this thread are in the minority since the DLC is sitting at 37% approval rating on the store. I'd also like to state publicly that I feel that I got my money's worth and then some out of the DE and that I'm enjoying the DLC despite a few quirks.

Last edited:
I think we in this thread are in the minority since the DLC is sitting at 37% approval rating on the store. I'd also like to state publicly that I feel that I got my money's worth and then some out of the DE and that I'm enjoying the DLC despite a few quirks.

Ayep. Nubia has replaced Cleo as my go-to GF. She is much more loyal too. Only civ not to denounce me during some recent border disagreements that left me with about a -68 warmonger penalty.

I think we in this thread are in the minority since the DLC is sitting at 37% approval rating on the store.

anyone know the value for Civ5 dlc? I'm thinking many low scores are people who are against the concept of DLC in the first place.

I think Nubia is a pretty cool civ, and I like how different some civs feel from each other. The desert focus is pretty cool to me. While I didn't buy the dlc, I have no regrets about DD edition.

The trouble with Steam reviews is that a lot of reviewers aren't reviewing the content, they're protesting some other aspect of the game, e.g. "the patch broke my mods", "the AI sucks", etc. Not that those aren't valid points, but it doesn't give a guide to how people genuinely feel about the DLC itself.

In any case Steam reviewers are no more the majority than we are. Most people who play the game will do so in relevant silence.

Top Bottom