1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Has it always been possible to pillage citadels?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Velvet Elvis, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Velvet Elvis

Velvet Elvis Chieftain

I left a citadel on one border of my civ unmanned because I needed every unit I could spare to fend off the Japanese who were attacking from the opposite direction. While I was focused on the battle with Japan, a barbarian warrior walked up and stomped on it. The citadel is still there. It's just ugly and smoking. Workers can't seem to repair it and I can't remove it. I don't know if it still has any defensive effect or not.

Is this new or have I just been lucky thus far?

2. GAGA Extrem

GAGA Extrem Emperor

It was also possible in vanilla, but the AI rarely did it.

3. Dryhad

Dryhad Prince

That's odd, I managed to repair one with a worker.

4. GAGA Extrem

GAGA Extrem Emperor

Aye, the AI burned down one of my citadels yesterday - I had no problem fixing it.

5. Velvet Elvis

Velvet Elvis Chieftain

Workers on auto won't fix it it seems. It turns out they did when directly commanded.

6. Callonia

Callonia Deity

Yes, I stomped undefended russian's citadel like a hour ago with a landsknecht. Serves her right for stealing a couple of my hexes.

7. KnelRivendare

KnelRivendare Warlord

yes it was always pillagable, but concerning the new Citadel system i think its all in all a pretty cool thing but as i see it now that "Culture Bomb" effect isnt eraseable at all, not with pillaging nor with occupying which is imo pretty odd if i just think about how frakin many GG i get in a common game.

other thing if you would change the rule.

you could kinda make Colonies with Citadels to get resources without building a actual city. but i think thats the wrong forum to discuss modding stuff :p

8. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Deity

I had the AI do it in vanilla and didn't realise it - I thought it was a bug that the citadel had stopped damaging enemy units...