Has it always been possible to pillage citadels?

Velvet Elvis

Chieftain
I left a citadel on one border of my civ unmanned because I needed every unit I could spare to fend off the Japanese who were attacking from the opposite direction. While I was focused on the battle with Japan, a barbarian warrior walked up and stomped on it. The citadel is still there. It's just ugly and smoking. Workers can't seem to repair it and I can't remove it. I don't know if it still has any defensive effect or not.

Is this new or have I just been lucky thus far?

Yes, I stomped undefended russian's citadel like a hour ago with a landsknecht. Serves her right for stealing a couple of my hexes.

yes it was always pillagable, but concerning the new Citadel system i think its all in all a pretty cool thing but as i see it now that "Culture Bomb" effect isnt eraseable at all, not with pillaging nor with occupying which is imo pretty odd if i just think about how frakin many GG i get in a common game.

other thing if you would change the rule.

<Row>
<Type>IMPROVEMENT_CITADEL</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_IMPROVEMENT_CITADEL</Description>
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CIV5_IMPROVEMENTS_CITADEL_TEXT</Civilopedia>
<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_CITADEL</ArtDefineTag>
<BuildableOnResources>true</BuildableOnResources>
<DefenseModifier>100</DefenseModifier>
<InAdjacentFriendly>true</InAdjacentFriendly>
<CultureBombRadius>1</CultureBombRadius>
<CreatedByGreatPerson>true</CreatedByGreatPerson>
<NearbyEnemyDamage>30</NearbyEnemyDamage>
<PortraitIndex>35</PortraitIndex>
<IconAtlas>TERRAIN_ATLAS</IconAtlas>
</Row>

you could kinda make Colonies with Citadels to get resources without building a actual city. but i think thats the wrong forum to discuss modding stuff :p

Top Bottom