Haunted Campfire May 1-2009

Vuldacon

Dedicated to Excellence
Supporter
If you want a Spooky as well as Deadly Campfire for your Game, this may be what you are looking for :)

This Immobile Unit can be pre-placed in a game or "Airdropped" to place after it is built. I made a Drop animation and sound for this purpose so it will "appear" when Airdropped.

Be sure to set this Unit as Immobile. I recommend Zone of Control and extra Hit Points
and you can set enslaves more of its kind for example. Set Airdrop if you want to be able to airdrop it to place during the game.

Credit goes to aaglo for his Ghost Warrior Unit that I adjusted for use in the Haunted Campfire.
I changed several Shades to be more translucent and used selected frames to create the new animations.

Note that all Airdrop directions are on the Drop Flc even though only the SW direction is used for Airdrop in the Game.
You can use the Other directions if you want to make some type of different Flc with them.

Included Files:
Civilopedia HauntedCampfireLarge.pcx and HauntedCampfireSmall.pcx and several Alternates,
CIV Specific Colored HauntedCampfire_units_32.pcx,
Adjusted .ini file,
Animations (flcs): HauntedCampfireDrop, HauntedCampfireDefault, HauntedCampfireFortify,
HauntedCampfireFidget, HauntedCampfireAttack, HauntedCampfireVictory and HauntedCampfireDeath,
Sounds: Created All New Sounds...HauntedCampfireDrop.wav, HauntedCampfireFortify.wav, HauntedCampfireFidget.wav, HauntedCampfireAttack.wav, HauntedCampfireVictory.wav and HauntedCampfireDeath.wav

Game Tested and I believe it looks and works very well.
You can download the File here

The Flag is CIV Specific Colored.
The White smoke is actually very translucent rather than white in game.
The General Preview is much faster than the animations play in game because the Attack needed to be set faster and all general animations are on the same gif file.

The Drop animation shows the Drop and Default at their Normal Game Speed.
Airdrop (Appear) Preview:

General Preview:

Last edited:
It is true that some of the very "different" units just do not fit "normal" CIV games but when we want something different, they can be difficult to find...This unit is specific and different enough that not all people will be able to use it in their games but perhaps a few will find that it can Fit in well and be something they enjoy.

I just made this Unit because I needed it and also wanted to impress on many other people that because there are so many units available now, they could use them to create new units and not have to learn how to use the animation programs such as Poser. Any Good Graphics Program that you understand how to use well, is generally all that is needed with Pedit, SBB and Flicster and those programs are Free.

Just ask Walt Disney how animations were done in his Youth... all Frames made manually :eek:
I see absolutely nothing at all wrong with "Cut n Paste" if it is well done. The Fact is there are many things that can be done well or better and certainly easier in a Graphics program than in any animation program. I believe all people are creative in many ways and only need to find their own way to express it.

I cannot speak for all Unit Creators but anything I Upload is free to use as wanted in Games as well as changed or used in part. That said, it is Only common sense to Credit anyone who accomplished the work that we use in some way :)
Personally, I fined it very flattering that anyone thinks enough of my work to use it in any way... even if they want or need to change it to accommodate their specific desires.

I learned long ago that specific Units do NOT "fit" all games... and many of the ones I have Uploaded are lucky to find a home in any game other than EFZI2 :lol:

I was wondering when that unit you mentioned would appear.;)

Very nice, and well done!:goodjob: You put everything together perfectly.

Truly cool Vuldacon! I love how he comes out of the fire! Neato!

That skull has some pretty fiery eyes!

Thanks for the Kind word you guys...

The Dark Red colors show well in game and the Ghost and Smoke are VERY Translucent so to really know what it all looks like, it is best to see it in game.

...for those of you who remember the Terminator movie, I was thinking of how the Eyes became visible when coloring the Eyes for the Skull becoming visible for the Drop animation and the Death. The eyes are just single pixels at this size but the Darkness of the Skull when appearing or disappearing allows the Red colors for the eyes to show better in game.

Nice. Ancient native American magic is the perfect tool for fighting zombies!
Virote_Considon... in this case the Evil that manifests itself on Paradise Island combines with Advanced Zombie Virus to "bring forth" this Unit... and it supports the Zombies :) Enslavement produces a Zombie.
The sounds go along with the Zombies.

That is crazy, crazy, crazy!

Will definitely find a place for this unit in my fantasy scenario! Thank you Vuldacon. I love how you make these very different units. It challenges people to find new and interesting ways to use them, leading, in the long run, to more interesting mods/scenarios.

Bravo!!!

Every so often I trawl through the units sub forum and look at all the new goodies that are produced every month, and I often notice a Vuldacon unit and think to myself, with a barely perceptible roll of the eyes and a broad smile: 'That's nice, but I have no idea how I'd use it'. They're always well animated and perfect for what they're made for, but I hurt my brain trying to work out how to use them. ;)

Well, it's happened again, but I wanted to post this time because the effect of the unit and animation is sooo wonderful and smooth that it deserves comment. I love the general smoky effects, and especially the animation when the axeman forms and starts swiping - just wonderful. Thanks for sharing it. I may possibly be able to use this one.

aaglo... :lol: yes, he will Execute ya alright.
I think your Ghost Warrior is Great for this Unit :goodjob:
I was able to modify and make the Flcs by using your Ghost Warrior animations... I mixed selected Frames and made adjustments where needed for the effects and other new Flcs.

Top Bottom