Have any Nights players upgraded to Brave New World?

Leto

Chieftain
Hey so I love Nights, but admit that I want to check out Brave New World. I have the game (with Gods and Kings) via Steam... if I upgrade to the expansion, will I be able to revert back to GAK/Nights? If so, is there a trick to it?

Many thanks...

I do not think you will be able to revert. I haven't really tried, but I'm not sure that it's possible. You could, of course, simply create a backup and run it in offline mode.

I think the upgrade to BNW is worth it. The trasition is a little rough, from having all those awesome tile improvements to . . . not having them, hehe. Buildings having less emphasis, all numbers be drastically reduced, etc. But once you get over that, you experience the vastly improved overall gameplay of BNW.

Diplomacy is much more tangible and feels like a legitimate playstyle, as opposed to "spam gold endlessly -> bribe all CS -> win." The AI is also much less predictably violent. They take GPT and other things into account now before waging hopeless wars.

NiGHTS doesn't look like it will be updated for a long time, and I personally can't imagine going back to G&K just for the sake of NiGHTS. BNW is just that good. Also, once the Communitas Expansion Pack releases (first full featured release coming up in August, there is a lite beta version currently available but it doesn't change much), I think NiGHTS will be fully obsolete. They have some pretty interesting ideas being tossed around, much as NiGHTS was/is the king of Civ V mods.

Why not simply dissable 'brave new world' in your DLC list? Should work fine, as you could dissable any other DLC either.

I think it would work, but the game-balance will be way off, since we needed a new version anyway. You have to wait for a new release.

I've been playing BNW. It is very good; I think it is what should have been the original Civ V release. Haven't played Nights in a while as it needs a new release. BNW adds ideologies to the policies and a trading system making it more flexible playwise that earlier versions. Big improvement over the original I think. :)

Why not simply dissable 'brave new world' in your DLC list? Should work fine, as you could dissable any other DLC either.

This is what you will need to do in order to go back to playing NiGHTS after playing BNW.

To switch from BNW to NiGHTS:
1. Disable BNW from the DLC menu.
2. Enable NiGHTS from the MODS menu.
3. Play!

To go back to BNW at any point (except when playing NiGHTS!) just re-enable it through the DLC menu again.

Edit: Personally, I can't wait for the BNW updated version... that's going to be great.

Top Bottom