1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Have any of you shot down a nuke with a SAM in multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Multiplayer' started by Edge-Civ, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Edge-Civ

Edge-Civ Chieftain

Hey everyone, my friends and I play civ quite often. We enjoy the long games so we often get to the point near the end with huge armies and nukes. We have noticed that although you can shoot down nukes that are in airplanes no problem. It is impossible to shoot down a nuke coming from a missile silo. We all see the SAM trying so hard to shoot it down but it never actually works. You can stack SAMs and missile cruisers. You can even use a fully upgraded Victor with his increased ICBM air defense. But it seems like if it comes from a silo, you just can't hit it. We have now tested this thoroughly, from many angles, including proximity, and line of sight, fog of war, etc. Nothing we have tried, despite using probably close to a hundred nukes, has yet to ever actually been intercepted if it comes from a silo. The exception to this is a save file that was loaded up by a player that used some program to create their test game, and in that save, literally, every single nuke gets shot down from literally any sort of AA. So I'd like to hear from the community. Have you ever made it to a game where you were able to shoot down their incoming nuke?

2. Edge-Civ

Edge-Civ Chieftain

It appears as if no one on this forum has. Should this be reported as a bug?

3. hongyu20

hongyu20 Chieftain

I suggest you ask the question in the general discussions forum, you will get more attention there.