Have lefties already stolen the 2008 election??

You all must realize that most of this stuff is done by volunteers. I've helped people register before, but even with my questions, I couldn't be 100% sure that people weren't committing fraud by registering twice or three times. Multiple volunteers come to people's houses again and again, so mistakes will be made, even with computer checks.

This is so statistically insignificant that it can and should be ignored for all intents and purposes. And any attempt by people to say that Obama is behind this is plain ridiculous, JH watches for these things.

You all must realize that most of this stuff is done by volunteers. I've helped people register before, but even with my questions, I couldn't be 100% sure that people weren't committing fraud by registering twice or three times. Multiple volunteers come to people's houses again and again, so mistakes will be made, even with computer checks.

This is so statistically insignificant that it can and should be ignored for all intents and purposes. And any attempt by people to say that Obama is behind this is plain ridiculous, JH watches for these things.
Statistically insignificant? You really don't think being investigated for thousands of irregularities across over a dozen battleground states is significant? Bush won Florida in 2000 by 537 votes. We're talking tens of thousands of votes not only in Florida, but in Ohio and Nevada and Michigan and Missouri. And if you're trying to portray this as a series of honest mistakes - please. Even a cursory glance at the information available clearly shows deliberate fraud on multiple occasions, in many different venues.

Does this equate to the Democratic party stealing the elections? No, it doesn't. But it is wrong, and it is worrisome, and I find the casualness which with so many people in this thread of a liberal persuasion are taking this to be utterly appalling.

ACORN isn't run by volunteers...they pay people per signature. Dumb signature-getters have an incentive to make crap up for an extra few bucks.

Dems stole Missouri in 2000 successfully and it looks like they're trying again this year.

The only place the Dems may be stealing is Ohio, and even that's not really stealing since it's only possible because McCain mailed out poorly formatted voter registration forms so a lot of Republican registrants didn't check the box saying that they're eligible to vote. The Democrats and supportive groups have been making sure homeless people register and vote too, but I read a conservative report claiming that Democratic organizations are busing in homeless people who travel south during colder seasons to vote in Ohio. I don't know much about Ohio election law, but this seems morally wrong if Ohio isn't the state where the homeless person spends the largest chunk of their time.

If it makes you feel any better, the Republicans blocked early voting in Gary, Indiana and got (with at least minimal Democratic capitulation in the state's lower house) ID requirements that favor Republicans.

Statistically insignificant? You really don't think being investigated for thousands of irregularities across over a dozen battleground states is significant? Bush won Florida in 2000 by 537 votes. We're talking tens of thousands of votes not only in Florida, but in Ohio and Nevada and Michigan and Missouri. And if you're trying to portray this as a series of honest mistakes - please. Even a cursory glance at the information available clearly shows deliberate fraud on multiple occasions, in many different venues.

Does this equate to the Democratic party stealing the elections? No, it doesn't. But it is wrong, and it is worrisome, and I find the casualness which with so many people in this thread of a liberal persuasion are taking this to be utterly appalling.

I never discounted fraud at all El, don't read something that isn't there. This isn't the University of Chicago application, it is an internet forum. I said a lot of cases, if not most, can be attributed to honest mistakes. As someone with experience in helping someone register, it is easy to see why this occurs. Some will occur by jokesters, like the whole Dallas Cowboys thing in Nevada. Will these fake people be voting on November 4th? Most likely not. I have a registration for Virginia sitting in my pile for a "Mr. John Deer." I didn't turn it in because I knew it was fake, considering I had the gentleman's actual name who turned it in.

I never said it wasn't wrong either, it's a problem for sure, but not one to twist our panties up about. People like JH are working hard to prevent these occurrences, and I think they are doing a good job of finding them. If you really want to attribute this to Barack Obama's campaign, please do. But at the same time, please back up these statements. Saying "do your research" isn't sourcing, it's being lazy, just like those committing "fraud" in these incidents.

ACORN isn't run by volunteers...they pay people per signature. Dumb signature-getters have an incentive to make crap up for an extra few bucks.

Well that's just inherently stupid if you ask me, I was talking about efforts by the Democratic Party of various states.

I never discounted fraud at all El, don't read something that isn't there. This isn't the University of Chicago application, it is an internet forum. I said a lot of cases, if not most, can be attributed to honest mistakes. As someone with experience in helping someone register, it is easy to see why this occurs. Some will occur by jokesters, like the whole Dallas Cowboys thing in Nevada. Will these fake people be voting on November 4th? Most likely not. I have a registration for Virginia sitting in my pile for a "Mr. John Deer." I didn't turn it in because I knew it was fake, considering I had the gentleman's actual name who turned it in.
Forgive me if I don't think thousands of false voter registrations is a joke.

I never said it wasn't wrong either, it's a problem for sure, but not one to twist our panties up about. People like JH are working hard to prevent these occurrences, and I think they are doing a good job of finding them. If you really want to attribute this to Barack Obama's campaign, please do. But at the same time, please back up these statements. Saying "do your research" isn't sourcing, it's being lazy, just like those committing "fraud" in these incidents.
I didn't say Obama told them to do this. But so far as I can tell, they do support him, and he has contributed to this organization. Which is worrisome enough for me.

I like the attitude of the lefties here.

Don't try and stop our voter fraud. That disenfranchises people...

Regarding the claim of a State ID being a poll tax, that is not really a fair comparison at all so I dismiss it out of hand. If you don't have a driver's license, you should really have a State ID anyway. I actually have both because my CCW stamp is on the State ID (that way, if I get pulled over, the cops don't freak out when they see my license).

It is a loaded question, whether or not you want to admit that.
Did you happen to see the thread title?

Or the opening post?

What poster has stated this position? Or is this another strawman?

It was smattered throughout the front page. At least...if you know about the roots of what people are talking about.

No offence, but to have this kind of stuff even possible kinda takes a whiz on the US being the worlds greatest democracy.

(I'll post this in both threads to be fair..)

:lol:

Thank you.

It was smattered throughout the front page. At least...if you know about the roots of what people are talking about.

There's no one not trying to stop voter fraud on the front page, so just stop it. Your accusations have become so ridiculous that it is impossible to take you with the least bit of seriousness.

There's no one not trying to stop voter fraud on the front page, so just stop it. Your accusations have become so ridiculous that it is impossible to take you with the least bit of seriousness.

What are you talking about? There are at least five posts on the front page about people saying that efforts to stop voter fraud are simply to disenfranchise voters. How many times on the front page do people do that, or say something like "it's not like there's a super ton of voter fraud going on out there like evil Rove and the Republican neo-conservative war mongering jerks would have you believe."

Has your reading comprehension become as clouded as your judgement on how horrible DC schools are?

What are you talking about? There are at least five posts on the front page about people saying that efforts to stop voter fraud are simply to disenfranchise voters. How many times on the front page do people do that, or say something like "it's not like there's a super ton of voter fraud going on out there like evil Rove and the Republican neo-conservative war mongering jerks would have you believe."

Has your reading comprehension become as clouded as your judgement on how horrible DC schools are?

No, that's not what they're not saying at all. That's what you are reading because it's what you want to believe, once again.

Please, for once, try to look at something objectively. And for what it's worth, I never said the D.C. public schools were doing good, but you've proven (again) that you can't read something objectively and would rather read sentences for what you want to see. You're making a fool of yourself.

No, that's not what they're not saying at all. That's what you are reading because it's what you want to believe, once again.

Please, for once, try to look at something objectively. And for what it's worth, I never said the D.C. public schools were doing good, but you've proven (again) that you can't read something objectively and would rather read sentences for what you want to see. You're making a fool of yourself.

Gimme a break Al. ANY EFFORT TO COMBAT VOTER FRAUD IS SUMMARILY PAST OFF AS VOTER DISENFRANCHISEMENT BY THE LEFT BECAUSE THEY LOVE THEIR VOTER FRAUD!

It doesn't matter what measure, or what steps are taken to prevent voter fraud. It is ALWAYS passed off as disenfranchising the poor, and disenfranchising minorities. This thread is a perfect example of that. Meanwhile, any voter fraud that DOES take place is passed off as not important ;).

Find me a post anywhere on this board where a leftist doesn't do this. Again, this thread is full of them.

Gimme a break Al. ANY EFFORT TO COMBAT VOTER FRAUD IS SUMMARILY PAST OFF AS VOTER DISENFRANCHISEMENT BY THE LEFT BECAUSE THEY LOVE THEIR VOTER FRAUD!

It doesn't matter what measure, or what steps are taken to prevent voter fraud. It is ALWAYS passed off as disenfranchising the poor, and disenfranchising minorities. This thread is a perfect example of that. Meanwhile, any voter fraud that DOES take place is passed off as not important ;).

Find me a post anywhere on this board where a leftist doesn't do this. Again, this thread is full of them.

Look at my earlier post. I don't mention minorities at all. I win. :goodjob:

Top Bottom