Have modded xml file override original through modbuddy

Archon_Thanatos

Chieftain
I want to copy an existing xml file from the Civ 6 base game and edit it, then put it into modbuddy. I can't get the modded xml file to take effect.

The idea is that once I make it an official mod I can just enable or disable it from Civ 6's main menu.

Change all Row tags to Replace tags

Also your action-type within the mod that loads the file needs to be correct. It needs to be an UpdateDatabase type of action. Trying to use an Import type of action won't work for xml files that are meant to load into the game's database.

Did you do both of these to get it to work? I am running into the same issues. Also, would I use a row or replace tag to add a line, for adding a start bias for example. Or is there such thing as an add tag or something?

And I am assuming you only change the row tags to replace tags for the lines that you changed?

for changing bonus numbers in quotations I mean. Also, do you guys know if changing a wonders maxinstances number from 1 to 0 would prevent human and ai civs from constructing it? This wouldn't cause an error of any sort would it?

Top Bottom