Have republicans already stolen the 2008 election?

Yeah, Florida in 2000, and Ohio in 2004. Harris and Blackwell were both Secretaries of State and chairmen of the Bush campaigns in those states.

I don't want to get in to what happen in 2000, because that was just a mess. But 2004 was won pretty fairly and outright. We even had an international election monitoring group come to the US to watch the 2004 election. I know I already posted this, but i guess I'll do it again.
http://www.osce.org/documents/odihr/2005/03/13658_en.pdf

We have a multitude of independent groups watching the election. Jericho was part of one, IIRC.

Wait One of our members has been part of overlooking the US Presidential elections? Huh. Intresting.
What are the chances of that? Probably the same as having known a victim of the 912 pentigon attacks personally
Thats some honour to have. ( I mean the job, No disrepsect to those names lost on the passenger manifest )

OK, but seriously: US presidential elections being rigged sounds like just like another conspiracy theory. And you can't convince a conspiracy theorist, because he'll just think you're part of it. Although the "Saddam-style elections" kinda does this one in. Iraq had a one-party system; at least the US got two. (Hell, even independent candidates can run. Try that in Cuba.)

I think American history pretty clearly shows two things: (i) that no American election is completely free of "skullduggery," and (ii) that the people who end up in power are in no way competent enough to maintain a conspiracy like you describe. :)

Cleo

Here's a thought: if the presidential elections could actually be rigged, why do the candidates go through all this trouble to convince voters they're it?
And here's the answer (I'm kind of the local I-Ching on many things): because rigging an election doesn't always work.

Any good investor knows that the way to win is to hedge your bets--to be invested in a wide variety of different stocks so you don't lose everything if one sector of the economy tanks. And, a strong military force wins wars by analyzing its victim and choosing the most effective avenue of attack. You attack along several different vectors, with different forms of weaponry, to maximize your chance of getting the win.

Similarly: you win an election by employing a mix of strategies.

So....two non-existent wrongs make a right? Fascinating moral theory you've got there.

The more fascinating one is the one that starts with the wrong unprovoked but fails to see it.

Top Bottom