[GS] Have to reaquire 3 files after each game

Cosmic Fox

Civ 6 Addict - TB Mod Collaborator
I have a series of mods installed, for some reason since GS updates, every time I quit my game, 3 files are corrupted. I have to validate my files on steam and download the good ones.

Can someone tell me how to track down what Mod is causing this issue? I figured it has to be one that changes something in the game. Perhaps R.E.D. Pack mod. in order to find out to resolve it. I need a log and I have yet to find one that lets me know what mods are causing conflicts. Thanks in advance if someone can help this old gamer :D

~Fox

I have a series of mods installed, for some reason since GS updates, every time I quit my game, 3 files are corrupted. I have to validate my files on steam and download the good ones.

Can someone tell me how to track down what Mod is causing this issue? I figured it has to be one that changes something in the game. Perhaps R.E.D. Pack mod. in order to find out to resolve it. I need a log and I have yet to find one that lets me know what mods are causing conflicts. Thanks in advance if someone can help this old gamer :D

~Fox
It is believed they are involved with the launcher, do not remember which thread, maybe here in bugs, tech support or the general forum. Might even been in the Steam Civ VI discussion or the Firaxis forum.

ah well then I am SOL I guess thanks!

Excuse me, it is an annoyance to say the least. I thought it was a mod doing it, so I asked here, that was wrong I guess! :lol: People who point out things like this are just wasting time. ;)

I can duplicate the problem in GS. In fact, I have to reacquire three files even just after opening Civ 6 to the Main Menu and then exiting. @Browd - Do you know where, if anywhere, reacquired files are logged? If this happens to everyone, then I doubt it's causing problems. However, the devs can probably fix it if they know which files are affected. I seem to recall a similar problem in an earlier version of Civ.

I have found out that many people are experiencing this and has zero to do with the mods we use. Thank goodness! I will assume Ed Beach and team are working on the issue. Civ6 to me is like a dream come true, modding is a bit rough yet, cannot put in new eras, but it is a great game, closing in on 1400 hours! :lol: I have not beaten it one time yet, I am still discovering the civs, game play etc.. I am a vet player been at it since 1998.. sorry I was touchy above a little tiny bit. :p :hug:

I had this bug, and I think (but am not sure it may have been two separate bugs) one of the tell-tales of it was that parts of the game mechanics were using the old settings - Statue of Liberty was the one that made me go "hey waitaminute" because it awarded two settlers instead of a victory point.

The way I solved it was to delete all mods then yank out the entire Civ folder under my games (which may have been overkill, I'm sure it's just one or two files that need to go, but I wouldn't know which) The game will generate you a new one next time you start. Drive:\(your account name)\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI

After that, game was happy without pulling down three fresh files, I put my mods back and all is well.

I didn't have any mods installed, but deleted the Civ6 folder (moved it to a thumb drive, actually, then removed the thumb drive). Started Civ6 and exited back to the desktop from the Main Menu. Steam still reacquired three files.

This issue has not gone away. reinstalled the game with no mods, same issue. If you validate the files under properties on steam. You will get 3 files replaced each time you quit the game. I saw on 2K games forums this issue happening to many players. The ones it is not happening to, has no idea the glitch occurs I suspect. It is extremely annoying bug but game still plays. :)

In my CTD-thread there's talk about 3 files as well, very well might be the same files. Nevertheless it's not needed anytime...? I just retried and steam didn't download any file...Obviously has nothingto do with my real issue anyways but I couldn't wrap my head around this...

Top Bottom