1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Have Warlords, but Swords sounds juicy

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Asperamanca, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Asperamanca

Asperamanca Chieftain

I have the Warlords expansion (although I've stuck to vanilla Civ so far), but some of the new features of Swords sound juicy.
    I've read in the BTS Info center that all epic content from Warlords is included, just not the scenarios.

Does that mean that, given I'm not interested in the scenarios (I'm not), I could've skipped Warlords entirely?

If so, I'd feel ripped off, to tell the truth.

2. Julian Delphiki

Julian Delphiki Anton's key

Warlords scenarios were not that great; when i got warlords i think i played vanilla once after that and there was a year between warlords and bts anyway .. money well spent.

3. Arlborn

Arlborn Legendary Noob

Yes, that was evul from Firaxis! :mad:

4. Underdawg

Underdawg King

Pretty much. I don't think Warlords was a good expansion anyways. It's not like anyone was missing out on much if they hadn't purchased Warlords... now BTS, that's a whole 'nother story.

Get BTS. NOW

5. Spearthrower

Spearthrower Thrower of spears

"Keeping up with the Jones's" (insert popular national name) is always going to leave you having spent more money and having received less tangible benefits overall... that's just the way the greedy cookie crumbles when you are a capitalist pig-dog! :D

I actually don't regret buying Warlords (I'm a Capitalist Pig-Dog too!! :( )- it revived Civ for me and gave me many more hours of play through mods and scenarios. BTS has done the same again - looking forward to the really serious mods that are going to come out off the back of this.... they'll probably take a year of development though, I expect.

6. Asperamanca

Asperamanca Chieftain

Well, my situation is different. I've got Warlords as a present, only two weeks ago, so I've actually got zero hours of gameplay out of it. If I buy BTS now, I practically devaluate the present completely.

:rolleyes:

And, ah yes, BTS is not yet released here (next week, I think), so Warlords was "just" not outdated when I got it.

7. Arlborn

Arlborn Legendary Noob

Ah well, the person who gave you the present don't need to know! :king:

8. Asperamanca

Asperamanca Chieftain

True, the present was well-meant, and the Civ4 base game that also came in the package more than makes up for the Warlords problem. :)

Also, I think I might be able to return the Warlords expansion, and put the money to better use on BTS.

9. Spearthrower

Spearthrower Thrower of spears

Yeah if you can switch out Warlords for BtS then you are onto a winner.... I don't know where you live, but that's not always possible with PC games. You could claim that the person meant to buy BtS and made a mistake?

10. peter450

peter450 Prince

Even the warlord unit, one of the main features of warlords, works better in BTS due to the expanded number of promotions available to gunpowder units, getting access to things like drill for your warlord maceman after he upgrades to a grendier makes all the differance, to his effectiveness as a high level gunpowder unit, the new blitz promo for ships is long overdue but should make having a warlord ship a good viable use of a GG too, rather than just a fun one.