Have we decided how to win?

mordhiem

Quantum Physicist
Okay, this is a bit premature methinks (understatement), but Dell's last post in the 1950BC turn thread made me think. Have we decided how we are going to win? Or are we just gonna wait and see? I personnaly favour reasearching enough tech to a reasonable level, and then go Fundy all over the AI's face :mwaha:.

I say crush them. Attack at all times. Get to Democracy and stay there and celebrate. But, that's all I know.

Of course, Domestic Production, Settlers Road Cities and Trade is the way to support a large advanced army. It's easy at the moment, no war, time to build peacefully ... all as foundation for a decisive victorius war!

I would like to try Communism to make the game different from the last one and winning by conquest would be slightly different.

We are going to win with extreme prejudice!

Oh, you meant by conquest or SS! ;) I have no idea and will leave the decision until we find out what kind of shape our neighbours are in. If they are throwing themselves at our feet and demanding to be taken into our empire then we'll just run their soldiers out of town or fund rebellions but if they are shaping up to be a strong force then we should probably wait until we have such a tech advantage that they will be a pushover anyway! :goodjob:

I''m always in favor of going for a commanding tech and trade lead. I'd LIKE to live in peace with our neighbors and go for the spaceship, but our experience on that other planet showed that other civs just WON'T be peaceful. Sadly, it will be necessary to crush them like bugs :rolleyes: ... we can decide later if we want a pet ... :)

I quite often go down the spaceship road, so I'm quite keen (circumstances permitting) learning more about mass conquest. :hammer:

If we do want a pet then it would be beneficial to visit (and conquer) the Indians first before they can make contact with other civs. That way we can actually use the key civ advantage much earlier and use it to get some important techs and important wonders. If we could leave Jahalabad (or wherever) surrounded by our cities and deny them any outside contact then we can win the science race easily but we may have already left it too late. The Vikings seem to be nearby.....

Top Bottom