1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you completed any games of CIV 6?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by comatosedragon, Nov 12, 2016.

?

Have you completed any games of Civ 6?

1. Yes. Just One.

18.0%
  2. Yes. Quite a few, actually.

58.8%
  3. No, but not for lack of trying; RL issues.

1.6%
  4. No, and I don't see myself finishing one anytime soon.

9.5%
  5. I'm just waiting for the patch.

5.6%
  6. A couple. Not Many.

6.5%
  1. GameBoy2000

GameBoy2000 Warlord

I have only beaten one (And completed that said one.) played as Scythia and whent for a Domonation victory. (Finished at turn 137 with 6 AIs.)

2. redwings1340

redwings1340 Emperor

I've won the game in every victory condition. However, I'm now starting to play games without any victory condition after reading a suggestion to do that on these forums, so I can really roleplay without feeling constricted by a victory condition. I've found that helps me in the late game so far, one of the things that annoys me is when I realize I am close to a victory, and change focus from bettering my empire to working on that victory. I lose the sense that I'm making my empire better, and I often get a little bored. So, playing without one doesn't have the thrill of winning/losing, but in the current game state where the game itself isn't that hard, that might be a good thing.

IcyAngel and comatosedragon like this.
  3. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

finished all victory types on epic game speed at least once.

comatosedragon likes this.
  4. Skulbow

Skulbow The Lonely Cyclist

I probably have completely finished over 10 games now and once I start I usually make a habit of finishing as I have that obsessive trait where things need to be completed. The beginning game is most fun though and like a lot of 4x games can drag at the end as you wait for your win. I haven't won a domination victory yet.

5. Onii-chan

Onii-chan Prince

Why would science be more fun than culture exactly? They're both based on just sitting pacifistically, building different kinds of structures and generating certain great people

6. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

I have completed ~ 10 games so far. I've von every victory condition and on all difficulties from prince to deity. I went all random from the beginning and continue to do so. Except for the Immortal/Deity games I never had a goal or game long strategy from the start. I just played and with the unfolding game I decided what to do. I felt no need to abandon a game (except a reroll once), nor to stop a game because I would surely win...

7. Miravlix

Miravlix King

Snowball

An imperfect start make a huge difference, so trying to refine the beginning of the game make more sense to me and result in me restarting as I think I can do better.

It doesn't help that the AI isn't competitive, I've yet to play a game were I felt like the AI was winning.

8. Mustakrakish

Mustakrakish In 'Node' We Trust

I completed 2.

One cultural win with Teddy on king, which was super boring. I had to get a win just for the sake of it I guess. I didn't plan on it (cultural win), but once I decided I needed to end this boredom as soon as possible, culture seemed the fastest way. In retrospective I was wrong, religion would have been faster and it would have been super easy to turn everything around (I had one faith district) and spam faith and apostles like crazy.

Second was indeed a religion win in multiplayer with my buddy. We were playing on immortal with 6 AI thinking AI will have some chance to at least be a serious nuisance. We were wrong, I had no idea how difficulty worked in multiplayer and that AI wasn't actually "immortal" level. There it was again the case of realizing that I already won by all accounts but "officially" and deciding the fastest way to end it all. And it was indeed, took me about 30 turns of active "convert to win" from the point of us deciding to end it and move on.

Other than that I started dozens of games, which all get extremely boring by industrial at the latest. I just keep restarting and modifying the settings a bit, trying to find the right setup that works for me. Latest discovery was that quick speed suits me better in this game. Standard is just way too slow, seems slower than V. The difficulty (i.e. AI bonus distribution) right now is such that there's no sweet spot for me. It's either "roll over AI" or "catch up" after which it is "roll over AI". There's no consistent challenge throughout the ages. It's either way too easy or way too "hard". Hard in the sense that it's just catch up, which is not hard to do, but not something I enjoy doing. I want to cross the ocean with my longboats and raid and pillage the first civ I meet, but alas by the time I do this, they are in renaissance era, meaning their city strength is no match for my longboats and they might have caravels and privateers there. 2 options as I see them on harder difficulties, either rush your neighbor and dominate or catch up and go berserk in later eras.

That's what causing me not finishing games. It's either way too easy and pointless or boring catch up.

Fierro and comatosedragon like this.
  9. racha

racha Warlord

I've completed 8 games so far; 7 science and 1 culture win. Going to try for a domination win next, probably on a slightly higher difficulty.

10. skyclad

skyclad Prince

Just 1, after finding out they got rid of end of the game map-replays whats the point...
    SERIOUSLY dissappointed this is missing AGAIN! Are you so out of touch with your player base firaxis? :(

11. bladex

bladex Emperor

i don't know it just seems more fun. prob because i have to get better tech which is what i want.

12. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

People don't finish games when they've clearly won, because of a lack of challenge. People leave games early due to a game going against them. Why shouldn't we poll for a range of reasons why people leave games, instead of just this particular one?

Seems to be just another way to say "I don't find this fun after point X in the game", which honestly is true for pretty much every one out there.

13. Fierro

Fierro Warlord

So far i have only played 3 games vs AI and 1 game vs AI and my brother. I've finished only one, because everything is too slow. Science victory is almost no fun, it's routine. I think Domination is more exciting but AI is just funny at this state. Didn't try Culture victory yet.

I think I like most of new mechanics and want them to be in CIV 5, but for a time i'm not going to play Civ 6 extensively because game needs so much work yet.

14. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I've finished all but one actually. The last one only because Tyranny came out Thursday. I'm not done with the game, but it will be on hold until I'm done with Tyranny. I find the late game in this game more interesting than Civ5's late game actually.

15. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Finished quite a few now by accident.

The targets are just too easy. I tend to now play like redwings. I am having great fun just coming up with scenarios like amenity starving all the other Civs or plundering a rich nation with spies or seeing just how wide I can go.

I love annoying a Civ until it attacks me or befriending a nation at the same time I do the thing they hate.

So many scenarios, and TBH I have not even bothered with playing half the Civ's yet.

Playing Diety is gah, playing prince is meh around emperor works well for an interesting game IMO.

16. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

I finished a science victory game. It took so long. So very, very long. I don't know if I have the stamina to do it again.

Fierro, comatosedragon and bladex like this.
  17. bladex

bladex Emperor

pretty much when I'm way more superior in tech and the dumb Ai still has medieval units most of the time i don't feel like continuing have quit many games because of this.

18. Balerune

Balerune Prince

Its not a bad way to learn the game. There isn't a lot of documentation out there.

19. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

Not that many. The game has increased the amount of stuff that is there to do in the later parts of the game, but it hasn't solved the issues of players getting ahead and already knowing that they'll win during the midgame.

20. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Emperor

I finished 3 in the first two weeks and none since. I'm already back to my old Civ V habits of once I stop playing a game I never reload it because the beginning is the most interesting and fun