Have you even been to court?

Have you ever been to court?

• Total voters
As a law student in Germany shortly before the first exam it is very unliekely not being at court ;). Nevertheless I was also witness with a friend of mine in a car accident when a care drove in a bend too fast and came on the wrong sidfe of the street and fully hit the car before me! It was like in TV. All three inmates were badly injoured! Both cars completely destroyed. After nearly two years (!) the trial came in which this driver was punished to pay a certain sum. A bit too few for this accident. But since his insurance didn´t pay and he hadn´t paid his car yet it was such a low penalty.

Adler

I spoke to a comrade at university and I have a question: Do get jurors any money for their time in court? We pay witnesses and jurors a certain sum to pay their time and way to court. Is it the same way in your country?

Adler

IIRC, IF you get selected to be on a jury, your place of work is supposed to pay for the first three days. After that the court gives you a small stipend per day. ($30 or something similarly foolish)

At least that's how it works here in Massachusetts.

At the time of this post and poll, I have never been to court. I never had a summans for a crime nor a summans to be in the jury pool. Though I may be in the jury pool sometime in the future since (as with all US citizens that registered to vote and/or have there drivers licence) my name is in the circut for jury duty.

"Have you ever been to court" "Be advised this is a public poll"

Hmmm, now I am no tin-foil hat guy, and I have never been to court, but still.

yes, a few times we've had field trips to courts. Also one time my mom had to go serve on a jury and I was too young to stay at home by myself(I don't really remember the experience though) I have also played the defendant in 2 mock trials of course it was just in an empty classroom. I got not guilty verdicts both times.

When I was a child, I watched a court case. I don't remember anything about it except that my bus driver was involved. Other than that, I've never stepped foot inside the courthouse except for getting and renewing my driver's license, and registering to vote. I've also played as the judge in a mock trial.

Top Bottom