1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

have you ever been in a fight?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Laughing Gull, May 21, 2004.

1. Laughing Gull

Laughing Gull charts, graphs, databases

I've never hit anyone out of anger, nor have I been hit. One time I got "juimped" by some scumbag, but it consisted of a headlock, being thrown to the asphalt (scraped elbow), and my school binder demolished. Then he hopped on his bike and rode away laughing. I felt like such a wus.

I often wonder what it would be like to actually get in a fist fight.

do any of you have good fight stories?

2. Moss

Moss CFC Scribe Retired Moderator

No I've never been in a physical fight...but I'm no stranger to verbal wars.

3. cgannon64

cgannon64 BOB DYLAN'S ROCKIN OUT!

The few I've been in don't deserve to be called fist fights.

A punch or two to the stomach, then teacher comes.

4. Pointlessness

Pointlessness Prince

Not really. I am quite the pacifist. Besides, I would probably lose in any fight.

5. dgfred

dgfred Sports Freak

I have been in several fist fights, no major injuries to either party though.
    I have never started the fight but that doesnt mean I didnt throw the first
    punch :satan: . I have lost a contact in one fight and in another I got a
    black eye :sad: . I refuse to be bullied and get very angry with s...talkers,
    many are prepared to push & shove but rarely are they ready to be suddenly
    smacked ;) . Never have I been happy about fighting and do not look for
    them.

6. thestonesfan

thestonesfan A Client of Ron Kuby

No fist fights. Well, my brother punched me once, but those fights don't really count.

I've been in a couple "wrestling" fights. One time in high school a couple older kids tried to throw me into the girls locker room, but I would have none of that. (Not that I had a problem with actually being in the girls locker room, I just had to make a statement, you know how it is). One kid quit fighting as soon as I fought back, but the other prick enjoyed the fun of getting handled by a younger kid half his size. I got him in a nice headlock and only let him up when he said he was done. But when I got up to walk away, the jerk jumped me and pinned my arms behind me. So we bounced around for a while longer until he let go. I suppose he won, but I had him down first, and he looked bad.

And I had clearly impressed the girls by the time it was over. :D

That's the most serious fight I've been in, but it was pretty harmless.

7. CIVPhilzilla

CIVPhilzilla Reagan Republican

No fights here. Bigger fan of mental resolutions to conflicts than physical.

8. WickedSmurf

WickedSmurf pr0

Yeah when I was in my mid-teens I got into fights constantly, noting worth telling stories about though, just the occasional broken nose, police report, screaming parents et cetera.

9. polymath

polymath Tleilaxu Mentat

I've been in three fights, but I have never thrown a punch. The first was when I was twelve and it was more of a wrestle, which I lost in an 'OK I give up' kind of way. The second was about ten years ago when I would have taken an absolute pounding were it not for the fact that the three people who junped me didn't realise that my seven friends were right behind them. I got away from that with a solitary kick to the head, fortunately for me. In my last fight, I put four people onto the floor in two seconds flat, more by luck than skill, and hoofed it at top speed. That was in Todmorden.

I got off those last two quite lightly, I freely admit.

10. Xeven the God

Xeven the God Democratic-Marxist

No, I've never been in a fist fight. Although, I did once stab a kid with a handful of sharpened pencils. It was something along the lines of:

Him: "I'm gonna kick your ass."
    Me: "Screw you. Get away from me."
    Him: "Now I'm really gonna kick your ass."
    Me: "Go to hell."
    Him: "That's it, ass kicking time."

Before he could do anything I stabbed him in the arm. I couldn't penetrate his shirt, so it didn't draw blood, but the teacher came at that moment and took us to the principal. I got suspended and he got of free... I felt cheated.

Other than that... Not a single thing... Nothing. Zip. Zero. Nadda. Except for angery discussions and verbal fights.

11. Immortal

Immortal Deity

Yes, many times, a few in high school and a handful in university. Usually outside of bars or in the parking lot at school.

12. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Deity

I've been in some fights when I was in high school. Minor stuff that usually ended in a headlock or one of us getting the air knocked out of us. Silly kid reasons.

Now, though, I do not see the point. Fighting would be a last resort if my life or someone I cared about was in danger, and I would be extremely mean and cruel if I was placed in a precarious corner and had to fight. Crotch and eyeballs would be my first targets. :evil: (unless I was at home, then my 12 gauge would do the talking for me!)

13. WillJ

WillJ Coolness Connoisseur

I've never gotten into a full-blown fist fight, and I've only gotten into a few push-and-shove matches, which didn't amount to much. I've punched my brother a couple times, though, and vice versa. I guess I'm a pacifist.
    Gee, you fit your avatar quite well. ;)

14. Giotto

Giotto Eagle

I've been in two "anger fights" with people who hate me. They both consisted of me pulling a double leg takedown and then guillotine choking them until they either passed out or said they'd quit.

I went to this thing at this guy I know's house once. He has a mat room in his house so we had a little "UFC" type of dealy. That was really fun because it was technical and not just some "street fight". I train sometimes at this place called Vision Quest in a town not to far from here. It's really fun.

Overall, those who fight the most are the ones who feel as though they have something to prove. Real good fighters won't tell you they are a fighter unless you see their trophies on the wall or see them fight. They don't brag and go out getting in fights.

15. LLXerxes

LLXerxes Space Travel is Boring

I've been in one or two fist fights.
    Thank you martial arts! :goodjob:

16. thestonesfan

thestonesfan A Client of Ron Kuby

We Americans rarely get into fist fights, we usually just shoot each other.

17. Giotto

Giotto Eagle

@LLXerxes,

Out of curiosity, what martial art do you do? I do BJJ and Freestyle/Greco-Roman Wrestling.

I just thought of a fun fight story:

A couple years ago at my school this little wanna be gangster kid who thought he was the greatest fighter on earth (and had that reputation for some reason), was hitting on the girlfriend of this really soft spoken guy at our school. One thing led to another and the wanna be gangster ended up yelling at the quiet guy to hit him and all this stuff. So the quiet guy proceeds to shatter the wanna be gangster's cheekbone, break his nose, and give him 2 black eyes. We later learned that the soft spoken guy was a Black belt in standup fighting and his hands were registered weapons! It was wonderful to see the cocky idiot get pounded.

18. luiz

luiz Trendy Revolutionary

Yes, I've beign in severall fights.
    A few in High School, one at the Uni and severall at the streets

19. Esckey

Esckey Deity

Do fights with family count? And I'm talking about more then just a fist or two. Been thrown down stairs, smacked on the back of the head by a flying log, pushed off the roof, kicked, beaten by broom handels, and a bunch of other stuff like that. It was all in good fun, I've done the same to the rest of my brothers, :lol: I dropped a full dictionary(Like 3-4 inches think) from 6 feet up onto my twins face.

Only other fight was at school, got pushed into my locker from behind we started to fight, friend jumped in to try to break it, she got a broken nose for trying to, in the end we got pulled apart just as it was starting to get fun. Neither of us got suspended or anything even though I blatantly started it by calling the guy a bad word, then got him even mader at me by walking away.

20. newfangle

newfangle hates you.

I'm a fairly large person, and I lift weights often, but if I picked a fight with anyone that is even remotely skillful, I would be raped. (hopefully in the non-sexual way, but who knows in this day and age).