1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

have you ever been in a fight?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Laughing Gull, May 21, 2004.

1. the mormegil

the mormegil Emperor

I've never been in a fight. I avoid confrontation that might end in violence, just from nature. I'm such a coward :).

2. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Super Moderator

I've never been in a fight, and most people would easily be able to beat me. Then again, fights aren't very common at my school, and the ones that do break out are typically pathetic.

3. The Yankee

The Yankee The New Yawker Retired Moderator

A fight? I've been in MANY fights! And sometimes versus more than one person and sometimes it was in the defense of someone else.

I can say that I never started a fight. It's never fun and I wished every single one of those countless battles could have been avoided. But that simply wasn't to be.

4. Xi 12

Xi 12 Kentucky Milita

Several, I get picked on a lot, if the bully keeps it up for too long, I sock him one. It dosen't matter who wins, because either way the bully always stops picking on me.

5. Godwynn

Godwynn March to the Sea

One, and I lost, oh well.

The kid threw Jell-O in my truck. Lucky bastard, I tripped and knocked my head. Before that, I was kicking some butt. The kid was 1/2 of my size. Makes me so mad to think about it.

6. Syterion

Syterion Voodoo Economist

I got in a fight in 5th grade once. This annoying kid kept on tripping me at recess for no reason, so I pushed him down, sat on top of him and hit him in the head a few times. Halfway through I got off him, gave my glasses to my friend, and continued to hit him. Then I was done and I walked away and almost didn't get caught, but he tattled. He got in trouble too, though.

Other than that, no. I don't really want to, either. If it was forced on me, I would no doubt go for my opponents face to beat him as quickly as possible. I'm not one of those fools with honor. If someone has the potential to harm you, you should eradicate that possibility with all haste and force possible. That's my philosophy, anyway.

7. Cilpot

Cilpot Pretentious Schmuck

I've been in two fights. Both were unavoidable, and I "won" in both.

8. Choicest One

Choicest One Chieftain

Once and it was when I was a kid. I remember it vaguely but this Japanese kid just wanted to bash me up just coz he didn't like my face or something! Anyhow, being the pacifist I am, I didn't fight back. Fortunately, my best friend was around at the time and since he was twice the height of this guy, he taught him a lesson or two. Standing up for myself a bit more is still something I've got to learn...

9. The Last Conformist

The Last Conformist Irresistibly Attractive

I've only been in a few fist-fights. I've been in rather alot of wrestling or kicking fights.

Re: Xi 12's comment, I've got more mixed experiences. The bully I kicked on the groin didn't even speak to me for three years, but another one kept attacking me physically despite, on various occasions, being kicked down a flight of stairs, getting a series of heavy punches in the face, being smashed into various buildings, and getting dragged into a restrom and kicked until he could not rise to his feet without help. Another one didn't give up after I pulled his hair till he bled. The one I bit in a finger joint and refused to let go for quite a while did leave me alone thereafter.

That's not to suggest I won all my fights, but I no doubt gave worse than I took on the whole.

Getting into all those fights gave me fairly unfriendly reflexes. Once my brother made the mistake of reaching over me to get at something on the table I was sitting at; without any conscious thought, I turned around and landed a punch square in his face that made him collapse on the floor.

It's now several years since I last was in a serious fight, and my reactions are rather more relaxed. My brother did attack me for some stupid reason last year, but I contented myself to pin him to the floor - I consider a fight serious if I take no precautions against hurting my opponent.

10. KaNick

KaNick Deity

I fight with my friends all the time. But that is boxing with gloves so I don't think that counts.

I have only ever gotten into two fights that I can remember. One was in the bleachers during a high school football game. It was the school that transferred out of and some other school. I was on my school's side and was rooting for the other team. Everyone who knew me knew I was joking except for this one guy. He shoved me so I shoved him back he tried to shove me again but I avoided his hand and pulled him forward. The only reason he didn't tumble down the bleachers was because he caught his balance on some other people. The fight was only five seconds long or so and ended when I got the other guy in a headlock and elbowed the back of his head. He tried to keep fighting after that but was too woozy to even land a punch on me. So I got him in another headlock and held him there until he cooled down. Then he went back to watching the football team and I went back to rooting for the other team :D

The other was after some festivle were me and a few other friends got drunk. I ended up half past out on this bed that my cousin had "called" earlier. So he starts hitting me in the end. We fought for a little while I was still lying down until eventually I got on top of him and started hitting him on the head just for good karma. I walked away after that and walked home, but before that I stole his pants (he had taken them off earlier) and took the money out of his wallet and then threw both items into the sewer.

11. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

I got into fights all the time, when I was just a kid. I was the guy that started them with my group of friends against other groups of course.

12. amadeus

amadeus めっちゃしんどい

A few, and you can always count on the crotch for victory.

13. Giotto

Giotto Eagle

The thing I love about fight training is the people who think boxing has anything to do with fighting. Granted it is better then nothing, but not by much!

The only thing you would need to know to win virtually every fight with a non-trained person would be one good takedown and one good choke.

Fighting IN school is the stupidest thing known to man. Fights last no more then 20 seconds in most cases and both parties usually end up in trouble.

14. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

I've never gotten into a fight at school. Don't plan on it either.

15. taper

taper Meet Tux

It takes a lot to get me angry, but the few times someone has done it they usually turned out worse for it than me. Way back in 6th grade this kid that everyone hated kicked me really hard while I was sitting in my desk, so by reflex I stabbed him with the pen I had in my hand, sank the tip almost up to the white part into his leg. Teacher never saw it though, so I got off free, and that kid left me alone the rest of the year. Senior year of high school another kid was messing around with the tools we were using to construct the drama stage set, and after a few hours of me yelling at him off and on, I finally snapped and kicked him. I was crouching when I let go, so I had the momentum of me leaping up, as well as the work boots I was wearing. I aimed for a butt cheek, but he turned and I got the tail bone. Collapsed like a sack of potatoes, and left the tools alone after that.

You see, when applied correctly at the right time, force serves a constructive purpose.

16. stratego

stratego Trying to be good.

I would lose in a fist fight. But give me a nunchuku and I'll do better.

17. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

Never been to a real fight, however I've been practising marshall arts, so I think I would have pretty good changes in a fist/kicking fight. With knife or sword I am deadly :D

18. Sarevok

Sarevok Civ3 Scenario Creator

no fights for me, I have renounced physical violence and no one picks fights with me anymore. A Black Belt "encourages" the bullies to stay away ;) .

19. Narz

Narz keeping it real

I've gotten into numerous altercations. Mostly from my reform school days. I haven't been in any fights since 18. I don't plan to either. I would like to learn some form of martial arts eventually (I've taken some here & there but never stuck with it beyond a few months) but my self-discipline is not at it's highest point presently.

20. Pariah

Pariah Outside Influence

No dramatic punch-ups in my life - pushing and shoving now and again, mostly at school. Usually I chickened out, and probably still would. I was ready to break someone's nose once, but another guy got in the way.