have you ever been in a fight?

I try to avoid them (they are even rare where I am). Does not prove anything and is just dumb.
But a long time ago, I did break a kid's nose in a fight, although I didn't really mean it.

Making a fist and slamming it repeatedly into someones face is totally alien to me, incomprehensible. Although once when I was about 11 I picked a kid up and threw him down a flight of stairs because he was annoying me.

I wonder how many people were involved in fights were weapons of some kind were present, doesn't necessarily mean they were used, but present in the "field." I know there have been several times when weapons were present but not used (guns, knives) and some where unconventional weapons were used (fallen heavier tree branches, chairs, tables, etc.). Though the one with the guns did almost turn into one that was used.

Oh, forgot about the use of canes. I used my cane on several occassions.

I've been at parties before where people get thrown through windows, pistol whipped, bottles broken over faces, etc. One in particular stands out where 40 people or so were fighting and it ended with one guy with a guy in the others mouth.... crazy.

I've never participated in a weapon fight though, and I hope I never do!

I was in three fights between kindergarten and 7th grade, none since. I didn't start any of them and I don't remember what any of them were about, probably stupid stuff. I have been known to have a pint or two after work but have never even seen a bar fight in 13 years of being a legal patron. Fighting doesn't seem to be a part of the local culture among adults. Whether or not it is for the reasons the thestonesfan mentioned I cannot say, it is possible. Who wants to start a fight when it could end your life?

At school, we had good displays of Scot fisticuffs and head butts.
Being the 2nd biggest guy in the place, I defeated all of my weedy foes.

Now that I am a man of 30 though, a 'scrap' is an entirely different ballgame.
They are avoided, as men fighting means real fighting to cause damage.

I know now that individual fighting solves nowt anyway - It is the mark of insecurity and foolishness.

The Yankee said:
I wonder how many people were involved in fights were weapons of some kind were present, doesn't necessarily mean they were used, but present in the "field."
I've never been in a fight that involved "real" weapons (guns, knives, etc), but some I've been in have involved improvised weapons. It's amazing what pain can be inflicted by a humble jumping rope.

I've also been the target of snowballs loaded with stones. I don't know if you count that as weapons, but it sure hurts.

last time it was close for me was last summer,see my brother is a student but has a smal business on the side,one day some scum sucker that has a similar business came with 8 of his pals and threatened my brother,he was lucky i didnt get my hands on him

my last fight was a time when i was at a new years party at my friends house,this amefetamin head small time criminal wannabe assmaster and his younger brother were there,with their girlfriends,they are age 32 and 28,and the big brothers GF is age 17,and i know her and her family,and after an hour or so he smacked her

the gangster wannabe(big brother) is such a tool,i had met him once before and the first thing he ever told me was that he has been in jail 3 times for assault and battery!

i guess the sheer sight of me scared him!!

i do weight 115 kg hehehe

after that when he was about to leave he turned to me and said RESPECT!!
what an ass!

the guy moved away(to jail i think) some time later,and maybe a year after that i see the little brother at a party and he says **** like lets put the past behind and be friends,i think he was scared i beat him,and he actually kissed my hand!!

too many mafia movies for thos 2,thats for sure!!

silly bastards...

i havent fought in 2 years now,but when i was younger and went out alot and drank i fought like once a month or more,i fought even more when i was younger,once at another new year eve i was out drinking and got into a fight with 8 15-18 year old kids,i was maybe 22 at the time,i had 2 beer bottles and a radio smashed on my head,i bled like hell and scared the crap outta everyone,i was in 7th heaven,the cops insisted on takin me to the ER and have me checked out

after that i went home with my friend that was staying at my place,he went to sleep,i stayed up to 4 in the morning and played CS

one other time i bit a guard at this club so bad he had to get 4 stitches,i slept in jail that night,they had cuffs on me,so i couldnt beat him,god i took a good beating from his mates that night

i dont drink so much when im out anymore,im affraid i kill something

nowadays i dont drink much at all,i get smoked every once in a while instead!

When i was 16 i got in a fight with three 20 year olds, one had a baseballbat and one hade one of those extendable batongs, 11 stitches in the head and alot of bruises was the end result, but all in all it wasnt that bad. Now your probably thinking "what the hell would you pick a fight with 3 guys much older then you with bats and **** for", well the other two were not around, just the one with the extendable batong, which i didn't see. By the time i saw it it was to late to change plans.

But thats the only fight ive been in since i was 14 something. I was pretty agressive back then and i was a pretty thin guy so i had a lot to prove i guess.

yeah sometimes... i have had my nose broken sometimes and i even have a extreme cool knife scar. altough i didn´t even had to go to the doctor, you can swank with it excelently! im not a rambo and i think i never started a fight, but if a friend of me is in trouble i always help.

The Yankee said:
I wonder how many people were involved in fights were weapons of some kind were present, doesn't necessarily mean they were used, but present in the "field." I know there have been several times when weapons were present but not used (guns, knives) and some where unconventional weapons were used (fallen heavier tree branches, chairs, tables, etc.). Though the one with the guns did almost turn into one that was used.

Oh, forgot about the use of canes. I used my cane on several occassions.

Does a 0.5l beer jar count as a weapon, then you can count me in, Ouch!! :cry:

But that was a long time ago. I'm training for my brown karate belt now, and never get into fights. Ussually try to solve the situation by talking to angry people.

I only use violence as self-defense.
I've gotten to a fair amount of fights in my youth, most without any provocation on my part. Never gotten any serious injuries, but they really left me feeling vulnerable and scared to be outside at night. Especially around drunken people.

When I turned 18 I started Krav Maga. I've only used those skills once.
It happened on May 1st some years ago.
I was walking by myself from a bar in Helsinki to the bus station. I've drank a few beers and I was slightly drunk.
A drunken fellow stept on my path and I saw him trying to punch me, he shouted something in lines of "where are you going you cocksucker?!", I blocked him and punched him in the nose, possibly causing it to brake. He bleeded quite heavilly. I really regret using that much force since his punch propably would have missed in the first place. It was one of those punches that you see coming a mile away. He fell to the ground holding his face. I was in a state of shock myself, just acting on reflex. I tried to look if I could help him with his injuries. Then I heard a loud voice behind me "What the hell did you do to my friend?!". I quickly looked back and saw a man coming towards me. I decided to flee at that point.
My attacker's friend staid there to help him and didn't pursuit me.
There was a lot of people close by and I was really worried that I might be recognized afterwards. Since it all happened so fast I'm sure no one saw him punching first and thought I was the one who assaulted him.
I hope he is well now.
After all these years I still can't justify my actions, even though it was him attacking me. I wonder if I wouldn't have been a bit drunk myself, that maybe I could have controlled myself better and not do so much damage.

You're actions were perfectly justified laisak. What if he had a weapon, or actually managed to land a good hit had you not put an end to it quickly?

I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

I used to when I was younger, got nickname for it, even.
Not much now though, it is diffucult to find people interested in this celebration of life.

Drunk Master said:
Does a 0.5l beer jar count as a weapon, then you can count me in, Ouch!! :cry:

But that was a long time ago. I'm training for my brown karate belt now, and never get into fights. Ussually try to solve the situation by talking to angry people.
Talk sure avoided what would have been a losing gunfight for me. Though I know I would have taken one of them out if it came to that....kind of an all or nothing thing....through a skirmish before they brought out the firearms, I managed to get a hold of one of their handguns.

If you don't mind me asking, when did you get into a fight with someone who had a gun?

Or, if that's too specific: Did you know them or not?

If you did, it would be fascinating (at least for me, not for you then I'm sure).

Top Bottom