have you ever been in a fight?

In eigth grade someone started a fight with me over a stupid reason. He thought that I had intentionally pegged him in a basketball game during lunch. The only punch he landed was his first(I am very good at blocking) and I charged him using my left arm as a sheild and later ramming it into his neck. I then hit him four times in the face with my right. I pulled away about ten feet(I was and I still am a friend with the guy so I didn't want to hurt him to bad and I thought he was done) but he came after me. I blocked two punches that he threw then threw a left jab to his chin and he stopped fighting. I put down my fists as well and that was that.

I have been in manly fights, and indeed I have lost every one of them. :rolleyes:

I've had a few fights in my school years, but I avoid fights in general, because I can't control myself if the logic isn't there anymore and I'm afraid of what I can do to others. But if I made my mind for fighting, I don't care if the other guy is a sumo wrestler or Mike Tyson, don't really matter if I lose or win; I don't think logically.
One other reason is that I'm way too strong from an average guy and experienced in many sports/arts and I don't think it's fair to fight the majority of normal-people, but only them who can face me, or at least have a chance.

Got into lots of scraps in high school. Reasons? Basketball, bullying, you name it. All sorts of shallow crap. :rolleyes: Mostly not by choice too, but dragged into because my friends were already trading punches with some other guys (But fistfights only, no weapons ever). Now that I think back it all seems so stupid, but I got to develop bonds with these guys (who have now all mellowed down, married and are either working white collar jobs or engaged in business) that will last a lifetime. ;)

Got into 1, and only 1 fight in college. The smallest kid in my ROTC batch was bullied and beaten up by a bunch of frat boys, so our upperclassmen decided that we must avenge our "brudda". :rolleyes: It was a whole gang rumble with dozens of people on both sides and us armed with baseball bats and stuff. I got one whack in, threw a garbage can over my opponent and then ran like hell! No way I'm risking my life (and my future) for THIS insanity. :mad:

After graduating, I'm proud to say I've never been involved in any more fights. The first sign of trouble in a bar, I'm outta there. Ever been to a bar in Manila during the 80s and 90s? They have gun racks out front for people to deposit their assault rifles. :eek: Even then, you can never be sure if them off-duty cops and soldiers aren't keeping a pistol tucked away in their belt, and might start shooting if sufficiently agitated. So, I figure much better to be a chicken than be dead. :p

CurtSibling said:
*Curt removes Manila from his list of places to visit*
What's this? The Grim Reaper himself afraid of a little violence? :p

I've been in a few fights, not many. Nothing to get too excited over, a punch here, a takedown there. No one got really hurt in any of the fights I was in, so they were forgettable experiences.

I have been shot at and some psycho tried to run me over with a truck. Those were much more memorable and exciting than any fight I've been in. :)

Top Bottom