Have you ever seen the computer win a peaceful victory?

Worm4life

Warlord
Maybe I saw it win a religious victory once, but I think it was by chance.

Never seen it win by tower, altar, or culture. Has anyone ever seen the computer win those ways? Does it even know how to?

I think the space race in Civ4 did more to break the late game deadlock than FFH's armageddon counter. It was a victory condition that the AI knew how to do and beat you to. It forced you to either outproduce him or invade.

I just can't bring myself to try a peaceful victory in FFH. It feels like cheating. And that's a shame.

Never seen it win by tower, altar, or culture. Has anyone ever seen the computer win those ways? Does it even know how to?

BTS AI knows how to culture win, but in FfH a culture win is harder because there are less cultural multiplier buildings.

I've seen the AI's build one-two Towers when I wasn't going for ToM, so theoretically it's possible. But the AI's are certainly aren't going to Dispel some nodes they own to compensate for mana types they lack, nor they are going to make any other concerned effort in that direction.

In my last game as the Svartalfar, the Ljosalfar, lead by Arendel, were so badly beaten by me, that they gave me a nice city for peace, and that city contained first stage of the Altar. So again, it's theoretically possible, but the AI's can only stumble upon it.

I don't think that attempting a peaceful victory in FfH is cheating, though.

No, and considering that I never allow any victory condition but conquest (I never don't really play to win) I don't expect to any time soon.

I've seen it built three of the towers before I got bored with the game and quit. The Ljosalfar came really close (78%) to winning a religious victory. They were actually sending out disciples to spread it. The Malakim did the same with the Empyrean. Other than that, no.

In my last game as the Svartalfar, the Ljosalfar, lead by Arendel, were so badly beaten by me, that they gave me a nice city for peace, and that city contained first stage of the Altar. So again, it's theoretically possible, but the AI's can only stumble upon it.

Something similar happened to me except it was with Bannor and I received third level Altar so I think it actually can win but rather by "accident" than by pursuing Altar wictory.

back in fire, or I think it was fire, could of actually been shadow, the AI won an Altar of Luonnatar victory.

Now, granted, I was new and I was having fun using a hidden nationality Eurabatres to try and capture cities, which of course would require me to declare war, but I digress, it was VERY far along for all that to be happening XD

I did see an AoL win once, which took me completely by surprise. High to Low, last stage, I was just waiting for the final 100ish turns to pass to get a time victory.
One turn before the end (literally!), the Lanun, actually somebody else's vassal, won an Altar victory.

So it seems Altar is possible, but if it takes them 699 turns, it probably doesn't matter for most games.

AIs not winning peaceful victory (and the imbalance in difficulty between victory conditions) is the biggest problem with this mod. Peaceful victory isn't fun for me either, because there's no time pressure.

Peaceful victory isn't fun for me either, because there's no time pressure.

Well, the AI civs still act as obstacles for the player in that case - they still can declare war on you and cripple you. But they are obstacles, not competitors here.

AIs not winning peaceful victory (and the imbalance in difficulty between victory conditions) is the biggest problem with this mod.

How would you balance the victory conditions?

The Elohim cultured me in my mod once. Ethne then built the Mercurian gate and held me off for the three turns I knew it was coming. If you spot an AI culture it is easy but I wasn't paying attention at all.

Religious I've almost seen too. Luckily I noticed that and the razed the holy city in time.

I'm with MC - I always turn off all the victory conditions except conquest, because I like to just enjoy the game process rather than play with victory in mind.

In the first FFH2 game I played (back in like patch 0.22), the AI got an altar victory. I've never seen it since.

Does time victory count as peaceful? Because I always, ALWAYS, disable it because it really annoys me being cut off from my game that I worked so hard at. Other than that, no.

Once in FfH. The Ljosalfar won a religious victory by spreading FoL; I was playing as the Grigori, and nobody even bothered with other religions beyond a handful of cities.
Once in Fall Further. I was playing an Illian game where Keelyn won a Gone to Hell victory. Wrote a story about it.

Nope. I've had to actively prevent a culture win and a couple religious ones, but I always managed it.

Top Bottom