1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you ever shot anything?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Kakashi, Jul 30, 2003.

1. warmonger

warmonger Conservative Greenie

I've done a lot of small game hunting - rabbits, foxes, feral cats with a small bore rifle and various shotguns.

In my early teens it was still legal to purchase explosive fireworks. The ha'penny banger was just the right diameter to fit inside a 1/2 inch water pipe. So some mates and I made mussle loading hand guns with the fireworks as the explosive and steel ball bearings as the projectile. We even played war across the creek. thankfully, the safest place to stand was in front of the gun. No one got hurt ( a minor miracle) and these days I just shake my head at our stupidity. All part of growing up unsupervised in Australia, i guess.

And the home made slingshots ("gings" to us- rhymes with ping) were incredibly accurate. With practise, you could knock a crow or magpie off its tree at 30 metres.

2. thestonesfan

thestonesfan A Client of Ron Kuby

When my brothers and I were younger, we were heavily into fashioning crude weapons like bows and the like. Luckily, we weren't very good at it, and no one got their eye shot out.

3. Colonel Kraken

Colonel Kraken Deity

When I was younger, I used to shoot a BB gun a lot. I've also used a bow and arrow. I've only ever shot at targets. I did get to shoot M-16s in the Air Force, even in full automatic. Now, THAT was fun! :D

4. jack merchant

jack merchant Internationalist

No. I'm intrigued by the idea though (Note to self: Avoid guns. You might like them too much ;) ).

5. Unregister

Unregister |||||||||||||||||||||||||

Yes, yes i have... (note signature)

6. Aphex_Twin

Aphex_Twin Evergreen

I once shot a cat with a pellet gun. It was funny at the time...

7. thestonesfan

thestonesfan A Client of Ron Kuby

I've shot stuff. It's not that intriguing. If you like it too much, you probably have some issues.

8. Snaproll

Snaproll Hamster Sidekick

When I was a teenager my parents had some mice in the house. The exterminators used "glue plates" to catch them. These plates used a gooey substance that smelled good to mice to lure them and trap them.

It was really sad to see these live mice stuck to the glue plates. We felt so bad for them that we took them out back and shot them with a .22 caliber rifle to put them out before throwing them in the trash. It was traumatic for me and my siblings, so my parents stopped using the glue traps.

9. thedirk

thedirk Master of Stealth

We used to keep cats, and when they got too numerous we had to "cull" them to get the numbers down. It was one of the saddest things I had to do as a kid. (My dad did the shooting, but I helped keep the cat in place and with the disposal)

Other than hunting (for meat only) and targets, no other shooting in my past.

10. puglover

puglover Disturber of Worldviews

I shoot air guns and BBs at paper targets a lot.

11. Cunobelin

Cunobelin I aint no hippo

I fired the Bren LMG about five or six times and I nearly blew the crap out of a lone sheep that wandered out in front of me at this firing range in Cork. I have fired blank ammunition at people on a tactical exercise but I wasnt close enough to do any damage

12. Ohwell

Ohwell Deity

I shot the sheriff...

13. Immortal

Immortal Deity

but did you shoot the deputy?

14. Ohwell

Ohwell Deity

I swear it was in self defense!

15. Deep_Thought76

Deep_Thought76 .

I've put a few BBs into squirrels with a compressed-air gun, but nothing other than that. I hate to say it, but I agree with my mother: I just don't like guns very much.

16. hbdragon88

hbdragon88 haunted by blackness

Well, I have played a couple of shooting games recently. One was called Time Crisis and the other was called Area 51. My aim is so off. in Area 51, it took I guess two bullets to kill one of the shooting terriosts. In the other one, my gun wouldn't work for the first part and wasn't quick on it. I didn't shoot the guy and then turn on another one very quickly.

Needless to say, I didn't survive very long in either one.

17. luiz

luiz Trendy Revolutionary

I've shot cans and some diseased pigeons that were infesting our country house.

18. Drewcifer

Drewcifer Agent of Karma

I have shot targets with bow and arrow and bb guns but never at anything living. I had to kill a bat with my guitar once though.

19. Japanrocks12

Japanrocks12 tired of being a man

Humans... :evil:

j/k

20. bobgote

bobgote Trousers

Now THAT would have been interesting :)

We did archery a bit at school (not much). Apart from that, zone 3, no paintballing as yet but hopefully soon. Never fired a firearm.