Have you ever thought about shaving your armpits ?

Do you shave your armpits ?

• Yes I do, it's a lot more comfortable this way

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • I would like to but I fear I would look gay

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • No ! I'm repelled by the idea !

Votes: 58 50.4%
  • I'm too young to shave anything

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I'm a female so yes

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • The radioactive monkey is more hairy than me anyway

Votes: 16 13.9%

• Total voters
feline_dacat said:
I wonder how much of that repulsion is due to subconciously not wanting to seem gay?
After all, society does dictate that people should still be wary of gay people... homosexuality hasn't been socially accepted long enough for it to be okay to seem gay when you're straight, in the same way that its okay for someone to be an atheist.
The last person wondering if I was gay I said I was, just to shut him up.

I don't shave, and I'm not particularly hairy. Neither do I demand that girls do it (that would be hypocritical), my sister and a lot of her friends don't (or only do it occasionally), and as long as a girl has less body hair than me I'm OK with it.
This does however include my hairless stomach.

i dont have many hairs under there and the most i would do is trim them

stormbind said:
How about waxing? :groucho:
Waxing armpits ? Are you mad ? Do you have any idea about what the concept of "pain" means ?

I don't know many girls waxing their armpits. Most shave them in the shower like me. However, it's obvious that shaving the lower regions is rather ugly. Fortunately I don't have hair on my legs so it's not a worry to me... however, about, well the middle region, I need to wax it.

EDIT : Why am I talking about this ??

Marla_Singer said:
Waxing armpits ? Are you mad ? Do you have any idea about what the concept of "pain" means ?

I don't know many girls waxing their armpits. Most shave them in the shower like me. However, it's obvious that shaving the lower regions is rather ugly. Fortunately I don't have hair on my legs so it's not a worry to me... however, about, well the middle region, I need to wax it.

EDIT : Why am I talking about this ??

Do you find its harder to shave one than the other? My left hand is definately less talented than the right.

I only shave the face, and even that's sometimes too much to do... especially at these "I'm staying home today so who will notice"-days.

feline_dacat said:
Do you find its harder to shave one than the other? My left hand is definately less talented than the right.
Well the movement which has to be made in order to shave pits isn't really that complicate so you get fastly used to it.

Marla said:
I have never waxed. Do you reckon it would hurt more than aftershave?

How come nobody seems to use hair removal cream? That stuff sounds perfect.

The Last Conformist said:
You enjoy the thought of a hundred geeks imagining you naked in the shower?
I am wondering who unblocks the drain :crazyeye:

I only shave the face, and even that's sometimes too much to do... especially at these "I'm staying home today so who will notice"-days.
Exactly my stance. I figure shaving anything on my body is too inconvenient unless scissors can be comfortably used instead. ;) I think I would kill myself if men were expected to shave their legs.

I'm just fine as I am, no need even to think about it.
So, if say, I had a moustache, and some women wouldn't like it, would I shave it? Hell no: there're also other women who would like it.

Perfection said:
Actually I was lying, I don't do it because I do not want to be percieved as a homosexual. I just wanted to see you get angry.

lmao :D

I only shave my face, I wouldn't consider it anywhere else

BTW, I seem to pretty much be following the same line of thoughts as all of Perfection's comments.

Aphex_Twin said:
Yes it does! ;)
The Last Conformist said:
Edit: "I'm a woman" does not constitute explanation.

I tend to agree with this one as well

King Alexander said:
I'm just fine as I am, no need even to think about it.
So, if say, I had a moustache, and some women wouldn't like it, would I shave it? Hell no: there're also other women who would like it.
Are you assuming that there are women who like hairy armpits ? Well I guess you're right... but I'm not sure they represent a majority.

However, it's clear that woman would still be disturbed in seeing a guy on the beach with shaved armpits. It doesn't necessarily sound as homosexual, but at least it sounds as being very careful with his body. Something which can be seen as narcissic for a male... when it's considered as mandatory for a female.

Really, there's something in here that should change in the society. I mean, people should remain free to do whatever with their body, no matter if they want to look better or at the opposite to look like nothing. The thing is that I'm not attracted by hair in general, and even less by pits hair.

That is a crazy idea unless you are a swimmer or some other form of athlete who "needs" to do that.

I am not a hairy person so I would like to keep as much hair on as possible. I do have a goatee and moustache and fortunately I do have both chest and stomach hair and fortunately I do not have back hair.

Nobody said:
a french girl, asking if she should shave her armpits............. (DISCLAIMER SMILYS: :) :) :) :) :) :))
I was thinking about that. French women actually shaving their hair, that must be a first. :mischief:

I thought it was German women who were notorious for not shaving? :confused:

Edit: The French notorious for not washing ;)

a french girl, asking if she should shave her armpits
I don't ask whether I should shave my armpits, I would honnestly be truely repelled by the idea I would have hair under my arms. Actually, the point of this thread is to wonder why YOU guys don't feel as repelled by having hairy armpits... cause it's not very pretty to see for girls (at least for me). Honnestly, even outside esthetic considerations, I can't understand how you personally feel comfortable with that remaining of fur on you.

stormbind said:
I thought it was German women who were notorious for not shaving? :confused:
Well, here in France it's German and Dutch women who are notorious for not shaving. Obviously it's the same in Britain. However, Americans tend to believe that frenchwomen don't shave their armpits.

I guess that's certainly something coming from ww2. A bit like the belief in America that there's no bathroom in French houses. I thought those beliefs were disappearing with time but obviously it's not the case.

Top Bottom