1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you ever wish you were dumber?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by stratego, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Immortal

Immortal Chieftain

Thats why the divorce rate is so high, stupid flighty girls hook up with moronic men because "its love". They spent 20 years together and 2 kids pop out.

One day mom or dad is shopping and sees how rotten their spouse is compared to everyone who has half a brain and didn't marry for looks (which by the way has long gone away). They pay for their groceries remembering later they forgot the milk, they come home and realize they ruined their life.

And no, I do not wish I was dumber, my brain is the most imporant thing to me. I could care less about people who go for looks and ignore a big, sexy brain :)

2. LOVE_Magiska

LOVE_Magiska Chieftain

I'm an average person, very happy with it actually :)

3. LLXerxes

LLXerxes Space Travel is Boring

No, I am happy ith my high IQ. :)

4. Joey_Ramone

Joey_Ramone Chieftain

Yeah, it's tough knowing everything.

I also sometimes wish I wasn't so good looking - it's just annoying having girls jump at me everywhere ago.

Another annoying thing is I hate being so athletic, like wherever I go people want me to dunk a basketball.

It ain't easy...

5. Hundegesicht

Hundegesicht Manly Studmuffin

I wished people viewed me as being less intelligent... or better yet, viewed me as being *as* intelligent as I am. As a child my parents thought I was some super genius and weren't afraid to tell *EVERYONE* they knew. That ended up resulting in most teachers, parents, and even friends pressuring me to act and achieve as if I was much smarter than I actually am. This made school incredibly difficult.

For example, when I took an optional law course when I was 15 (a very difficult class which involved studying several hundreds of pages of legal documents and then retrying them in essays) I worked my ass off and ended up getting a 94% in the class, which was the 4th highest score there. About a quarter of the class didn't even score above 80% but the teacher was there shaking their hands and telling them how proud he was of their effort. On my grade card he wrote "could've tried harder." What the hell?

That represents most of my high school experience-my teachers and my parents either criticizing me or even lowering my grade because they thought I didn't try hard enough, regardless of the fact I consistently scored grades between 89% and 95%. Nobody seemed to realize I was already trying as hard as I could. I'm surprised I made it through without a serious nervous breakdown.

Now I'll probably be attending college soon, but I'm fearful the same thing will happen again, and I don't know if I can handle 4 more years of it. :(

On the other hand, there's no way I'd want to be less intelligent, I'm already dumb enough as it is! :mad:

6. Warman17

Warman17 NES Grandpa

i wich i culd bee dumer

7. The Yankee

The Yankee The New Yawker Retired Moderator

Don't know about all of you or what you may think I am, but I think I'm incredibly dumb. Maybe it's because I can do some dumb things (yet I always seem to know exactly what I'm doing...strange). Oh well, I'm not concerned about it.

8. Syterion

Syterion Voodoo Economist

gawd, it wud bee teh most awsom ting if i was a dummass. i wud bee sokool an populer an evewyon wud like me. that wud bee tteh shiznit.

Seriously though, I am perfectly fine with my intelligence. The only thing that is annyoing is the pressure from my parents(isn't too hard to handle, she has gotten used to the fact that I am not good at French, plain and simple) and the looks and remarks I get when I don't do as good as usual. There's nothing more annoying than someone saying, "Oh, my god, I did better than him!". But I've learned my true friends who don't really care. Basically I just hang with people whose version of a good time is doing something random and making clever and sarcastic remarks. Which I am very good at.

As for girls going for dumb guys-That is only the sluts. Really, girls go for confidence(I think :confused: )

9. Manverulin

Manverulin I'm not crazy...

Lots of my friends know me for being really smart, but really dull. It all evens out.

10. luiz

luiz Trendy Revolutionary

No, if anything I wish I was smarter. So many things I wish I could understand, and I know that I won't.

However, whener I meet new people I pretend to be somewhat dumb. Don't ask me why. Maybe it's because it makes it easier to impress them later...

11. Oruc

Oruc Reactionary

i am ok with my level of stupidy, i would try hard for the first years of my senior school, so people thought i was smart which was untrue, they were just really stupid.
    i stopped trying because of two things it was more fun talking with me mates and doing nothing and smart people could do the homework the day it was meant to be handed into class and get a better mark then me, which really pissed me off.

12. Qitai

Qitai .

This just show me you are not smart enough. The truly smart people will not have problem being the best. In fact, they have a problem of trying not to be the best.

If you are truly a very smart person or have talked to a very smart person, you will know that their biggest problem is wanting to be part of the crowd, and be treated with the usual friendship and such.

Another issue with very smart people is being able to see that some things will go wrong, but no one will believe them. Almost like a feeling of able to see the future but you cannot change it. It sucks.

13. Pasi Nurminen

Pasi Nurminen Chieftain

Not dumber necessarily, but definitely shallower. I wish I was as shallow as most people, emotionally at least.

14. amadeus

amadeus めっちゃしんどい

I'd say it's the other way around.

15. CurtSibling

CurtSibling ENEMY ACE™ SLeague Staff

Take solace in the fact that plebes distrust those who are clever.

If you are smarter, do not let these docile cattle drag you down.

Most people are there just to be used by the superior elements.

16. devilzExcremNt

devilzExcremNt Chieftain

Dumber, no. I already don't talk enough. I wish I could go back to being completely ignorant and oblivious to the truth, though...

Well actually, speaking superficially, being dumb would be fun. Or being drunk. Or something... :mischief:

17. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

I wish I were smarter

only dumb people would think otherwise

:p

18. Dann

Dann Green bug

Wish one were dumber? Now what kind of well, "dumb" thought is that? What possible benefits could be gotten from this if it really came true? All the talk about expectations and pressure is nothing really. If anything, they drive you to perform even better. Wishing to escape this merely indicates laziness.

Now acting dumber than you really are, that's a different story. ;) A skill that is actually of use in certain situations.

19. Iggy

Iggy Chieftain

Wise words indeed.

20. BassDude726

BassDude726 It's Just a Phase

I would only wish I was dumber if money came with it. Pure bliss to me is infinite wealth and insufficient mental capacity to spend it wisely.