1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you gone back to Civ 5?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Artifex1, Dec 12, 2016.

?

Have you gone back to Civ 5?

Poll closed Dec 19, 2016.
  1. Yes I have gone back to Civ 5 for now.

25 vote(s)
    19.4%
  2. No I am sticking with Civ 6.

85 vote(s)
    65.9%
  3. No I went back to an earlier Civ game.

19 vote(s)
    14.7%
  1. TomKQT

TomKQT Prince

I have around 1200 hours in CivV and I played it when Civ6 already was out (I bought it few weeks after release). But when I bought Civ6, I uninstalled Civ5 and I wouldn't come back. I'm already adapted to the new Civ6 mechanics and it would be hard to go back. But I haven't played Civ6 for few days and I'm not sure I will play it unless they release some patch, because the game so too broken.

2. Zuizgond

Zuizgond King

Nope, playing something else and waiting for the patch to come back (maybe).

3. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

I have played a single game of CiV since I started playing Civilisation 6. Played a couple of games of BE trying for achievements, too, but nothing beyond that. Not planning on going back any time soon.

4. bmrigs

bmrigs Chieftain

No, but I have gone back to playing Banished.

grandad1982 likes this.
  5. Mahasona

Mahasona Prince

Can't return to CiV as it's by now too linear for me.

Instead I've returned to Civ 4 and I'm amazed at the apparent complexity and organic feel of the game. It's a shame the UI scales so awfully on my 2k monitor.

LegioCorvus and Eurik like this.
  6. legalizefreedom

legalizefreedom Inefficiency Expert

BE sure, but not Civ V.

7. smartcanuck1988

smartcanuck1988 Warlord

I picked up all DLCs of Endless Legend on sale and I'm having a blast. Haven't played it since 2014 apparently.

I have also "gone back" to EU4 but that game never gets uninstalled on my system :)

It's hard to go back to V knowing it's not the future.

avl8 and Joebles like this.
  8. oedali

oedali King

Isn't the AI pretty bad in Endless Legend as well? Or have they improved it recently? I haven't played in about six months

9. smartcanuck1988

smartcanuck1988 Warlord

To be honest since I haven't played it for two years I started playing on lower difficulty just to get used to the game again and learn the new mechanics with all the DLCs combined. I didn't notice anything particularly intelligent nor stupid about the AI in those conditions. I guess I'll play more and see.

I'm enjoying more the quest-based gameplay and the different mechanics of empire management. Will focus on AI in my subsequent games.

oedali likes this.
  10. Joebles

Joebles Chieftain

The AI isn't stellar and diplomacy remains, in my experience, obtuse and useless, but damn is it still a fun game for me. I believe the AI has been improved considerably with the expansions and patches however, so its probably better than you remember.

smartcanuck1988 and oedali like this.
  11. avl8

avl8 Prince

If you are sick and tired of civ6 poor AI , I highly recommend trying a Vox Populi mod for civ 5.
    It provides decent balance changes to the core game, lots of cool features and very good, no, REALLY GOOD civ AI.
    And its also a VERY polished mod with more than 3 years of hard teamwork and community input.

In my opinion of 600+ hours of Vox Populi games, its the best 4x experience at the moment. Ah and Im a long time 4x fan :)

P.S. Thats why I already go back playing civ5 Vox Populi. No more playing with bad AI!

oedali likes this.
  12. Larsenex

Larsenex King

^^^^ This response says it all for me. 64 bit engine means LARGER maps! More fun!

nzcamel likes this.
  13. isau

isau Deity

I'm hopeful.the Vox Populi guys get a crack at Civ 6's AI. VP actually made me turn down the difficulty some to survive.

nzcamel and oedali like this.
  14. rschissler

rschissler King

So, what does this say about the Firaxis developers? You would think they could do a better job than amateur modders.

avl8 likes this.
  15. orasis

orasis Prince

I cannot go back to V for single player games. It just feels so linear now that I have played 6.

When it comes to MP games however I still prefer V.

16. oedali

oedali King

Thanks. I read the release notes on Steam and sounds like they did a whole bunch of fixes to the AI and added the new expansion so I am excited now to give it a try after 6 months! Hopefully will keep me entertained while the Civ 6 patch is in progress..

smartcanuck1988 likes this.
  17. hamual

hamual Chieftain

Bit off topic, but what about planet coaster was disappointing? Looked great in dev videos and trailers but haven't read any reviews yet, was thinking about getting this fairly soon.

18. avl8

avl8 Prince

Actually I think Firaxis should hire Vox Populi project team to enhance civ6 terrible and horrible AI. Or team up with them like they did with Long War team for XCOM2.

19. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Planet Coaster got a content update (free in fact). Yet, Civ VI has yet to receive a content update, free or paid (excluding Aztecs and excluding a few map scripts).

20. spfun

spfun King

Can't vote in poll, no moved onto other games option.