Have you personally achieved anything you feel pride in?

I've frankly been distracted by all the references to pounding and holes opening up.
You must be personally proud of your imagination and associative thinking.

Here's a perfect example of what I said about finding distractions. Because I said "boy" instead of the gender neutral term "child" this rabbit hole opens up and off he (or she) goes. Anything to get away from the point that he (or she) complained that I didn't try hard enough to make.

Try reading past the first sentence next time. Vague metaphors aren't a good way to make points either, it's just another way of trying to trick someone so you can point to something they say and go "This proves it!"

Try reading past the first sentence next time. Vague metaphors aren't a good way to make points either, it's just another way of trying to trick someone so you can point to something they say and go "This proves it!"
It's a kind of discussion where you don't know how to explain it to people because their sense of self is tied up with not understanding, so you have to be direct without triggering distracting frames. Tim is fighting an uphill battle but it's for you.

Nice to know that you think I only read part of what you post. Are you saying I'm afflicted with ADD or just lazy?

For the record, the metaphor isn't vague, and I'm willing to bet that everyone...even you...is perfectly clear about what I mean. Just like I'm fairly sure that most people actually got it at "the key word there was professional," well before you demanded clarification. But if you really insist I will spell it right out.

It's a kind of discussion where you don't know how to explain it to people because their sense of self is tied up with not understanding, so you have to be direct without triggering distracting frames. Tim is fighting an uphill battle but it's for you.

Face to face it's an uphill battle. In this medium I am constantly confronted by the thought that it is frankly Quixotic, but I always seem to get caught in the trying.

When I can buy other people doing my eating, the capitalists have got me.

If being direct is the goal, it is one being failed at.

Nice to know that you think I only read part of what you post. Are you saying I'm afflicted with ADD or just lazy?

Since you made a point of only responding to the first sentence and not the rest of the post, what else was I supposed to think, exactly? You either didn't read it or chose to ignore it. The end result is the same: you didn't respond.

For the record, the metaphor isn't vague, and I'm willing to bet that everyone...even you...is perfectly clear about what I mean. Just like I'm fairly sure that most people actually got it at "the key word there was professional," well before you demanded clarification. But if you really insist I will spell it right out.

I do insist.

LOL...A career path that I have never considered opens up before me...
I doubt you could make a pound unless you think of test-tasting for food poison.

I do insist.

Fair enough. To a trained medical professional everything is a medical condition. Not only are they predisposed towards justifying usage of the tool at hand, be that hammer, wheel, or degree, they are financially and temporally invested in following that predisposition.

How's that?

Face to face it's an uphill battle. In this medium I am constantly confronted by the thought that it is frankly Quixotic, but I always seem to get caught in the trying.
The amount of work it took to learn and prove "I am in control" is the antithesis of why people have >1000 forum postcounts in the first place.

The amount of work it took to learn and prove "I am in control" is the antithesis of why people have >1000 forum postcounts in the first place.
And it still doesn't change that I'm late to see two friends and yet choosing to post on this sub-topic.

It's always annoying to me that the realization that the climb wasn't necessary only comes after the climb.

Fair enough. To a trained medical professional everything is a medical condition. Not only are they predisposed towards justifying usage of the tool at hand, be that hammer, wheel, or degree, they are financially and temporally invested in following that predisposition.

How's that?

Thank you. Now I feel confident in telling you you're laughably incorrect and that you have demonstrated a very poor understanding of the medical profession.

And it still doesn't change that I'm late to see two friends and yet choosing to post on this sub-topic.

When you see your friends tell them that I am appreciative of your support.

It's always annoying to me that the realization that the climb wasn't necessary only comes after the climb.
You know, a lot of people say that but I have to wonder. "You don't need drugs to get high, only meditation" says a bunch of meditators whose frame of "getting high" came from taking drugs earlier in their path.

Top Bottom