1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

have you seen a city flip?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Sal, Aug 2, 2013.

?

Have you seen a city flip?

1. Yes

51.0%
  2. No

49.0%
  1. compwiz1202

compwiz1202 King

Finally had someone to -21 total but then they shook it off and were back to like -9. Had some rebels but never flipped :/

2. Jacozilla

Jacozilla Warlord

You can help the AI be miserable and accelerate the flip by sending in raiders to pillage their luxury tiles.

Had Russian Novgorod (sp?) flip after taking out luxuries that dropped Russia from -13 to -23 happiness. Iirc it sat for 7-8 turns at -23 while I kept pillaging more tiles, then it flipped.

The first time it was more accident than intentional. I was at 2k tourism and just not getting ideology to change for the force AI switch order to freedom achievement and thought maybe putting more happiness pressure would help but instead I got flipping cities.

Still haven't managed to get the order to freedom flip achievement though.

3. sendos

sendos Immortal

Great thing I love about city flips is when you can steal other civ's great works and then sell the city back.