Have You Seen SimVille?

MrPresident

Anglo-Saxon Liberal
Joined
Nov 8, 2001
Messages
8,511
Location
The Prosperous Part of the EU
I saw this feature in a mag ages ago about a new Sim game titled SimVille. It looked like a good game and I was waiting for it be released but there have been no information about it. I was wondering if it is still in development or has it been cancelled?
 

Kefka

Your local Schizophrenic
Joined
May 31, 2001
Messages
1,281
Location
Currently behind you with a knife.
Originally posted by MrPresident
I saw this feature in a mag ages ago about a new Sim game titled SimVille. It looked like a good game and I was waiting for it be released but there have been no information about it. I was wondering if it is still in development or has it been cancelled?
It was cancelled and Instead they released the Sims Hot date
 

MrPresident

Anglo-Saxon Liberal
Joined
Nov 8, 2001
Messages
8,511
Location
The Prosperous Part of the EU
It was cancelled and Instead they released the Sims Hot date

DAMN MAXIS!! Instead of releasing an original (despite the fact it had Sim in the title....what is up with that? Do they think that they can't sell a game without the word Sim?) they release another expansion pack to cash in on the poor addicted players of the Sims. That reminds me I gotta go my guy just got the job of superhero and crime doesn't stop, unless my woman takes a day off!
 

Ohwell

Deity
Joined
Nov 14, 2001
Messages
5,586
Location
Bringing enlightenment to you
Originally posted by GenghisK
Reminds me some hurtful Sim cancellation... Simcopter => trashcan, because it wouldn't be profitable... so many other sims i forgot. sigh...

??? I have simcopter!?! It is fun! You can upload your own cities from 2000 into it and play it! If there is a military base you can find a Apache and it has a machine gin and rockets! Fun, if a little buggy.
 

spycatcher34

Emperor
Joined
Jul 7, 2001
Messages
1,340
Location
United States of America
Originally posted by Ohwell


??? I have simcopter!?! It is fun! You can upload your own cities from 2000 into it and play it! If there is a military base you can find a Apache and it has a machine gin and rockets! Fun, if a little buggy.

Yeah So do I! I have loads of fun going around mowing people over witht the machine gun. Whats really fu is to drop a tear gas canister on a softball feild! :mwaha:!!!
 

Ohwell

Deity
Joined
Nov 14, 2001
Messages
5,586
Location
Bringing enlightenment to you
Originally posted by spycatcher34


Yeah So do I! I have loads of fun going around mowing people over witht the machine gun. Whats really fu is to drop a tear gas canister on a softball feild! :mwaha:!!!

I mainly use it for criminals... I turn every crime off except crime and then it is useful unless you accidentally fire a rocket at a building. I go around flying at full speed shooting rockets every 2 seconds, and then stop to see all the fire. I buy cheap choppers and then shoot them. Then, I shoot police officers, rioters, medics, and I drop people from my helicopter. The perfect game for sicko's like us! I never found a use for tear gas...

I have to say the best all around copter is the Bell somethingorother. It can hold 15 people, and has a HUGE weight capacity. Great for medical and fires.

I never heard of Simville, but I do also have simtown, it is pretty dumb. Your budget is based on resources, and you build houseds and shops.
 

Ohwell

Deity
Joined
Nov 14, 2001
Messages
5,586
Location
Bringing enlightenment to you
Originally posted by GenghisK
I think there was due to be an addon for simcopter that would make it compatible with simcity2000 so you could use your helicopter to fly over the city you built under SC2K :)

There was :)

It even bases the amount of crime, traffic, fires, and medical emergencies on the state of the city :D
 

spycatcher34

Emperor
Joined
Jul 7, 2001
Messages
1,340
Location
United States of America
Originally posted by Ohwell


I have to say the best all around copter is the Bell somethingorother. It can hold 15 people, and has a HUGE weight capacity. Great for medical and fires.

I never heard of Simville, but I do also have simtown, it is pretty dumb. Your budget is based on resources, and you build houseds and shops.

I have simtiwn too, ... a kiddy game. I always liked the dolphin helicopter it was the fastes and looked cool. Did you ever have to save anyone from the top of a train?
 

Ohwell

Deity
Joined
Nov 14, 2001
Messages
5,586
Location
Bringing enlightenment to you
Originally posted by spycatcher34


I have simtiwn too, ... a kiddy game. I always liked the dolphin helicopter it was the fastes and looked cool. Did you ever have to save anyone from the top of a train?

Dolphin? My favorite was that silver one, I think It was the 3rd most expensive. That one was fast! I have rescued people from trains, though I usually just get the apache and fire a rocket at it :mwaha:

As for actually playing by the rules, I like the rioters, the criminals, and the speeder best. I just love calling cops to the scene!

Maybe I will make a thread about SimCopter...
 
Top Bottom