Votes: 14 7.1%
  • where I live we have 1cm of snow every couple of years

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • I have never seen snow

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I saw some once. When I was a wee lad, it snowed properly - I remember being snowed in and piles of it too deep to wade through.

These days, our winters provide what could easilly be mistaken for frost.

Wow, look slike CIV is a wintersport....

Twice -- once in 92, and once in 96. In '92, there was a big blizzard all over the southeast, and it lasted an entire weekend. In '96, it fell Friday afternoon and was gone Friday night.

Born in New Hampshire, live in Ohio... Whaddya think? :p

BTW, what's the "other" option for? :lol:

I grew up in Ottawa, Canada, and I live in Buffalo, NY - I have seen more snow than I know what to do with!

I've seen too much of it. The winter is so long! I'm not from a cold country (in fact it can be an example of temperate continental country, since the 45th parallel (I don't know if this word is correctly used) is crossing the country). But here in Bucharest, the summer is very hot (every summer we have at least once 38 degrees Centigrade), but the winter is cold (we had -17 degrees Centigrade this winter). Usually I hate that the seasons are coming wrong in our days. It is not how it was 100 years before. The summer starts in July, it ends in mid October, the autumn ends in mid January, the winter ends in mid april.
I see lots of snow every year.

jamiethearcher said:
I grew up in Ottawa, Canada, and I live in Buffalo, NY - I have seen more snow than I know what to do with!

I've got a suggestion. :mischief: ;)

The only snow I have ever seen was on my trips to New Zealand and when I climed Mt Kosiosco (though the latter hardly counts)

Rheinmetall said:
Under what conditions. What's so difficult about that:p
1) Most places where it rarely snows do not have snowplows to clear the roads. Sometimes, even with snowplows, there is not enough trucks or not enough warning to clear the roads ahead of time.
2) snow on the roads increases risks to driving
3) lack of driving experience in snow increases risks to driving
4) lack of proper tires increases risks to driving
5) there are almost 40K deaths a year from traffic accidents in the US
6) we live in a very litigious society

snowdays make plenty of sense.

Dann said:
Well snow forms only at freezing temperatures right? Anything below 20 degrees C and I'm uncomfortable already. :blush: Yes I'm a wuss...
During winter, when it hits 10°C, I wear shorts! I don't even like temperature over 20°C. I think 15°C-20°C is perfect.

And being raised in Ohio and also living in Michigan, I've seen plenty of snow.

What I found odd was that besides the Himalayan mountain range, there isn't any snow in Nepal. Kathmandu is warmer then Columbus and the south of Nepal is even warmer. So while many foreigners connect Nepal with Mount Everest, most people in Nepal have never seen snow. When my grandparents came to visit in the US, it was the first time they ever saw it.

Birdjaguar said:
Days schools are closed because it is too difficult/dangerous for school buses to pick up kids and take them to school.
Actually, Perfection is right, at least around where I live. Snow days here are declared when a lot of snow has fallen and the plows haven't been able to make it to the rural areas yet.

Of course, I have the window wide open today. It's a very lovely 70 degrees outside right now.

It snows here in virginia about every year. We live in a very mild climate. It gets very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter here.

Top Bottom