Having a game hang (turn 322)

Medicine_Man_55

Warlord
Title pretty much says it all. I hit <enter> for next turn and the game sits there telling me to wait for the AI.

Disappointing. Is there any way for me to tell what has caused the game to go off into the reeds and bullrushes? I have the save file, in case anyone would like to take a look at it.

Title pretty much says it all. I hit <enter> for next turn and the game sits there telling me to wait for the AI.

Disappointing. Is there any way for me to tell what has caused the game to go off into the reeds and bullrushes? I have the save file, in case anyone would like to take a look at it.

Read the bug thread buddy. It's a known issue, but unfortunately it appears to be a problem with BtS rather than FfH.

Unfortunately, this more or less always happens in a game sooner or later. It seems to be a BTS problem which has contaminated FFHII 0.30 as well. Solutions have been discussed but none that works well for all. Sad to say, my favorite game of all times is now on the shelf until this is solved. (Have been through the BTS forums as well and a lot of people have come to the same conclusion. Firaxis, what have you done!!!!?)

Im looking at the saves. The best thing is to attach any saves doing this so I can check them out. The save I am going through right now is getting it from an AI workboat. :confused: Still trying to figure that out.

I only just now figured out how to attach files to a post on these forums. I am such a newb. I'm going to make sure I am fully patched up before I post anything Kael. I can't recall if I have 3.13 installed or Bhuric's unofficial patch to 3.13. I'm going to see if those things fix my probs.

Edit: Looking at the feature list, I'm pretty sure I already have the official 3.13 patch. Re-DLing it anyhow.

Attachments

• Check Point 1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 52
Nope, I was fully patched up. This seems to be a fairly rare bug -- thank goodness. I have attached my save file, Kael, but I'm not asking you to take a look at it. I think I shall just start over.

If this happens again, do you have any advice on how to find the unit that is causing the AI loop?

Im looking at the saves. The best thing is to attach any saves doing this so I can check them out. The save I am going through right now is getting it from an AI workboat. :confused: Still trying to figure that out.

Hmm.. its because the workboat has the warcry promotion. It has str and def and it seems to be confusing the AI.

Posted these in the bug thread previously http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=254859&page=104.
Since last post we have tried a complete e-install to no avail :sad:.
Hope you find something in these Kael.

Again, this is THE favourite game of all times (suck it up). Unfortunately, that also adds more to the frustration level when we can't play it :sad:.
/Rankel

Attachments

• VOTE_AD-0245.CivBeyondSwordSave
    542.5 KB · Views: 48
Unfortunatly I cant use saves from multiplayer games. I will need saves from issues in sungle player games to troubleshoot.

OK, Would it help to load, drop one player and then upload the file after that?

If you still get the hangs in a single player version, then yeap.

Top Bottom