Having a great time but want to see those Mech thingys..

Larsenex

King
Can anyone here kinda sumerize the different 'mods' that come with BTS for me? I am having a great game on Huge map with two continents and I pretty much own one whole continent at this point and wanted to fight the other with nice post modern units. Is this possible?

What is 'Next War'?

I tried loading a game with the space mod and promplty got eaten by a black hole!

I know I can just play each one and find out myself but I would love your opinions.

Thanks!

Next war is two things, it is a scenario with preset conditions and a mod that you can add so that at the end of your game you get extra units and techs

Awesome that is the info that I wanted! So I should start at game and load the Next War mod if I want to get the techs and toys correct? Nuke happy love here I come!

Awesome that is the info that I wanted! So I should start at game and load the Next War mod if I want to get the techs and toys correct? Nuke happy love here I come!

Yes :) but not the scenary! Load the Next War Epic for a normal game :)

Just be warned, something happens in next war if you shot up too many nukes...

I tried next war, and a mod by someone else using next war ("fixes" some of the minor bugs/incorrections in the game and the "nuke happy" condition). Any only made it to mech stage of game once. Since normally by time get to that part the game is already over in a sense, normally someone (me or ai) is so far advanced they can't be stopped. Or some massive war breaks out and someone(s) let the nukes fly before the mech stage.

I was never completely clear on whether the "mod" form of NextWar had the bugs also, but from what you say, it looks like it does. If I can get time, the Lord willing, I may try to simply add the 4 new techs and the 3 new units to the regular game. That would avoid all the bugs of the original. That is really all I want, "regular" Civ with a future "age."

I would either grab the fixed version linked above or play the Next War scenario. I feel that it is pretty broken to use it as a mod for the regular game. If you just try to add the techs to the regular game yourself you should try to tweak the research percentages as you now have more techs to get to. And if you do it yourself you also have to add the units those techs allow you to make. Chiyu basically fixed what was wrong with the mod in the regular game, I would just use that.

Top Bottom