Having the Shia islam religion in the game

Logically, this does not make any difference, and "weird memory behaviour" isn't happening because of that. You get a minor memory optimisation out of not allocating a variable every time, you get a minor computational optimisation out of not querying the capital region every time, but both are so miniscule that they are not worth the increased code complexity, in my opinion (this goes in general for the "declare all variables at the beginning of the method" pattern the Civ4 source loves so much). On top of that, it's very likely the compiler will already make those optimisations for you, regardless of what the source looks like, although I am not nearly as well informed enough on C++ to say for sure.
If I may ask, what makes Protestantism seem to choose the capital more reliably than other religions? Or is it just Confirmation bias?

I don't know. As I said, I am not aware of any code particular to Protestantism that influences city selection.

I don't know. As I said, I am not aware of any code particular to Protestantism that influences city selection.
Perhaps it's a result of a particular interaction between Holy Rome's geography and the holy city selection rules?

I could not tell you what kind of interaction, though.

It's their work ethic, duh.

Frankfurt only has bankers and their even worse counterpart, EU bureaucrat bankers. Not a demographic known for their work ethic.

Top Bottom