1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Hawker Tempest

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unit Graphics' started by dutchking, Jan 31, 2008.

1. dutchking

dutchking Deity

2. Gaius Octavius

Gaius Octavius Deity

Why is the prop blue? :confused:

And you put the flaps on backwards again... :D

Nice skin otherwise. :)

3. dutchking

dutchking Deity

Err...the prop isn't blue, that's just the background from Sceneviewer, download it and see for yourself. ;) And I put the flaps on backwards? :confused:

4. Gaius Octavius

Gaius Octavius Deity

Aren't those the ailerons on the front?

5. dutchking

dutchking Deity

Gaius, I just made the damn thing I ain't an expert with aviation... :p

6. Gaius Octavius

Gaius Octavius Deity

In that case feel free to put the props on the tails from now on. In fact, try your hand at ships, too. I've always wanted to see wheels on keels. :p

:lol:

7. esnaz

esnaz King

8. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Yeah... flaps generally go on the REAR of the wing, not the leading edge! :D

This plane would not be able to fly with flaps on the leading edge of the wings.

9. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

Cool unit, but it's missing its nose cone. Plan on adding that back in anytime?

10. hun+celt

hun+celt Chieftain

The plane looks good, but it looks like the underside of the intake cowling doesn't blend into the underside of the fuselage...it just kinda ends. I don't know if that's actually how it was designed, but at first glance it looks odd.

I think the wings are ok. The coloration just looks deceptive at a usable level of detail, but the leading edge of aircraft in this period were frequently colored like this.

If you look at the shape of the wing, rather than the coloration, the plane now appears to be flying in the right direction. Looks good DK.

11. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

If you decide to make any changes, you might want to update the roundels to the correct time period (no yellow border on the wing roundels IIRC). The roundel on the fuselage could be moved just a bit further toward the back too. The two pairs of cannons on the wings would be icing on that tempest cake!

12. dutchking

dutchking Deity

I wanna remake this plane... :p

I never really felt satisfied with it.

13. Xenomorph

Xenomorph King

I think what makes the model look a little off is that the yellow stripe on the wing is only supposed to be the very tip of the wing. DK's skin has it going further into the leading edge, giving the illusion that it's a flap on the wrong side of the wing.