1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Health and Wellness Thread ... or How Are You Feeling?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MaryKB, Jan 28, 2020.

1. amadeus

amadeus The Choice of a New Generation

Today was not a very good day, although Monday and Tuesday this week were quite peaceful. I seem to have broken out in some rash? Or something, maybe. It could be from stress. It happens from time to time, or it's something seasonal. I forget every year, then at some point I remember. Not terribly disconcerting, more of an annoyance than anything.

However, I've most recently been kind of depressed and feeling out of energy despite the last few weeks being rather calm. That's frustrating, because I'm hobbled at getting things done and having a better and more fruitful life. That's what's really frustrating with it all: whatever circumstances are, whether they change for the better, worse, or stay the same, one's mood can almost act totally independent of it, and it's hard to understand where it comes from if it is even possible to do so.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get some stuff done and maybe see some improvement. Since I finished work today my mood has been a little better, no big surprise there.

hobbsyoyo and shadowplay like this.
  2. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles watermelon

While doing errands the other day I went into a store and used some of the provided hand sanitizer on my hands. I'm not sure if they were using some extra-strong version, or if there was something in it that I had a bad reaction to, but since then the skin on my hand has been really cracked and peeling everywhere and it's a bit painful at times.

3. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

Improperly mixed sanitizers, especially when made with technical-grade alcohol, will cause cracking, peeling, and burns.

hobbsyoyo and Lexicus like this.
  4. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles watermelon

Ow.

5. Thorgalaeg

Thorgalaeg Deity

Cortisone injection to the spine taken. Process was quick but a bit painful as they didn't use any local anesthesia and you can really feel the radioguided needle entering in your discs. Scyatica has magically disappeared however. Don't feel this good since... well i dont even remember. Lets see how much time it lasts since apparently no more that three shots a year are recommended.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    hobbsyoyo, shadowplay and Hygro like this.
  6. RobAnybody

RobAnybody Emperor

I don't know where else to talk about this & may not revisit it after this info-dump 'cause its purpose is just to let me unburden, but for the past several months I've had to get SHOTS IN MY EYES! Yep. Like, as in... a needle in my eyes. Both eyes. Due to an infection almost a year ago. I'm good with it. I'm doing fine. *But*, I have nowhere to express how much this honestly *freaks me the f' out*!!

I maintain my calm, best as I can, while it's happening, and I maintain my composure afterwards for my family members who ask about it - I'm like "oh, no big deal, just got my new shots, let's not worry 'bout it, I don't even care", but well, pretty sure they don't read this forum, so... IT FREAKS ME OUT!! I'm getting a needle in my eye (I think I used up my quota of caps else that whole sentence would've been in caps). Hold up, let me check... A NEEDLE IN MY EYE! Oh, hey, had some left.

Anyway.., just figured the fact I could express my freaked-outedness here was a good place, when I feel like I need to be all stoic about it in front of family. #justneededtovent all that out of my system... wait, this is not how hashtags work, oh well thanks for indulging my rant {/#?] :)

hobbsyoyo, shadowplay and Hygro like this.
  7. haroon

haroon Deity

Me I can't do that, I need to be completely blackout in order to do that. Heck, I hardly even apply eyedrop to my eyes when needed, I just keep closing my eyes. For a needle to be injected to my eyes I need a general anesthetic.

8. Thorgalaeg

Thorgalaeg Deity

*Gasp* But It is painful?

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  9. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

I traveled this week for work and there was a major covid exposure event that I happened to miss out on due to pure luck. I was staying at my boss's house and he ended up sleeping at the office on my final night there to avoid potentially exposing me. Scary crap and yeah, pure luck that I wasn't exposed.

Hygro, local_hero and MaryKB like this.
  10. MaryKB

MaryKB Goddess Queen Supporter

TIRED.

Yesterday when I went for Reflexology, she detected pain in my lower back, abdomen, and bladder. No <bleeping> <bleep> lol.

She did help clear up my chest issue. It keeps coming back, and this is the only thing that seems to help it. Doctors don't know what to do. It's so nice to be able to breathe and not feel like I have a rock in my chest.

11. local_hero

local_hero Prince

Can't wait for this to pass, if it passes. Used public transport today and a man coughed next to me. They shouldn't be there if they don't feel well, this has been clear since March. But people seem so relaxed now and I worry for more large outbreaks.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  12. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

The town I traveled to was full of people who do not give a crap about Covid and no one wore masks while they packed restaurants and bars.

local_hero likes this.
  13. amadeus

Trump: vaccine in weeks! (First debate.)

No vaccine.

Trump: vaccine in weeks! (Second debate.)

Moderator: you say weeks, can you guarantee that?

Trump: ... no.

:twitch:

“‘Whiz’ or get off the pot” is an expression that I think applies, albeit I’ve altered it for reading here.

Again with the coronavirus, I’ve stopped buying products (to the best extent I can) that are made in a country I view as responsible. I understand this may cost me some Social Credit points, and may open me to criticism by pro-bat virus quislings.

Given that 99.9% of the frustration in my life is being caused by this at the moment, it’s going here in the wellness thread. I’m going to have my breakfast and try to focus on those things I can do at home!

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  14. Socrates99

Socrates99 Bottoms up!

Got my ankle surgery yesterday. Repaired the peroneal tendon and my outside ankle ligament. Laid up in a boot. It's not too bad. Played playstation with my sons most of the day. They get a kick out of playing with dad.

I dont get what people see in opiates. They make me feel hot and dizzy. I know that's weird coming from a guy who brews beer for a living but I dont like how they make me feel. They're only good for putting me to sleep imo.

15. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

I was on morphine after testicular surgery and it did nothing. Raw-dogged recovery without painkillers. It was not enjoyable.

But I got fentanyl for a gastro procedure last month and it made me keenly understand how so many people are addicted to it.

How long are you going to be in a boot?

16. Socrates99

Socrates99 Bottoms up!

Non weight bearing for 9 weeks. I figured it out yesterday. Christmas day is the first day I can walk on it again. There's a Christmas present I'll appreciate!

hobbsyoyo, Synsensa and amadeus like this.
  17. RobAnybody

RobAnybody Emperor

No, thankfully. They numb you up beforehand (which makes your vision blurry for a few hours afterwards) but you still kind of "know" when it's happening. More mind over matter during the actual process than enduring any pain.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  18. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

Do they do it one eye at a time over a couple of days like lasek procedures so you are not totally blind?

Speedy recovery @Socrates99.

Socrates99 and amadeus like this.
  19. RobAnybody

RobAnybody Emperor

No, they do both within a couple minutes. The prep time, numbing, dilation, waiting for everything to take effect, setting up the equipment, takes about an hour. But when it's time to go, the Doctor is in & out in like 5 minutes.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  20. amadeus

Gyah! I’m just getting ready, nothing out of the ordinary, then suddenly I start feeling this dry taste in my mouth, my heartbeat rapidly increases, and I feel dizzy or disconnected. Out of nowhere.

It’s been over 3 weeks since I last felt like this. What the heck?

I’m riding this one out without any medication for now. If it doesn’t subside in the next 20 or so minutes, I’m going to take one.

But 3 weeks! That was the longest stretch since April.

Update!

It largely passed. Bad timing by my stupid neighbor who thought it would be appropriate to test my patience today! :devil:

The situation has been resolved favorably for me!

:yup::woohoo::rockon:[party]:clap:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020