Hearings (about Iraq)

vonork

Emperor
Anyone besides me that listen to the Senate and house hearings on Iraq? I find them interesting, prob more listen to the Senate and House hearing when Rumsfeld appeared and was questioned about the Prisoner abuse.

However other hearings is interesting, the Budget hearing about a $25 Billion request with Wolfowitz that also talked about the prison abuse was telling regarding both quastio9ns the additional money requested and the prison abuse.

I watch all the hearings. Nothing is every really revealed at them, or resolved. Theyre mostly just meaningless rituals in the religion of Democracy. I watch them mainly to see the interesting interactions between the grand standing Senators, and the cautious, secretive people called to testify.

Yes the interaction is interesting and amusing - but I partly disagree regarding that nothing get revealed or resolved, well sure perhaps not directly, and yes some of the senators like to here themselves to mush, but there are things that at least start (to get revealed and resolved) with the questioning in the hearings.

Some of the question and answers regarding the war and prison abuse have as I see it, started a momentum that will resolve things in a more aggressive way that I would think some people in the administration would want.

Hearings would uncover more facts if the questioning was like in a court of law. In court, when a witness or defendant is asked a question, he has to answer quickly and concisely. In these Congressional hearings the witness is allowed to drone on and on till the questioners time is expired.

Senator: Torturing of prisoners was approved at the Pentagon, yes or no?

Wolfowitz: The Geneva Convention, which we adhere to, strictly forbids the use of torture. Not only are we bound by the Convention, but it also goes against our values as a nation. It would be wrong to order our wonderful soldiers, who by the way are doing such an amazing job. They are so fantastic! I get a chubby just thinking about our incredible warfighters. Seriously, their sh!t doesnt stink. I personally saw our noble soldiers changing water into wine...
(on and on and on for 10 minutes)
...and in conclusion, Id just like to thank you Senator for that wonderful question.

Senator: My time is expired, thank you Mr. Chairman.

How can anything be revealed under those circumstances?

Top Bottom